HR Manager #30857
Company: SGS Canada
Relevant Work Experience: Any
Career Level: Management
Industry: Energy, Oil and Utilities
Job Category: Human Resources and Recruitment
Job Type: Full Time
Responsible for partnering with Business Unit Management to drive strategies for alignment between business objectives and human resources programs.
The Human Resources Manager directs and coordinates all HR functions including: recruitment, employee relations, performance management, policy interpretation, compensation, retention, payroll and benefits administration, as well as providing consultative support to Canadian Management.
Reporting To: .Director, Oil Sands Operations (Directly) / Vice President, Regional Human Resources (Functionally)
- Primary HR Consultant and strategist for Oil Sands businesses in Canada. .Lead Strategic Direction of all HR and Employment Matters in Fort McMurray.
- Coordinates and contributes to the overall SGS Regional HR strategies.
- Provides counsel and directs activities related to policies, discipline, terminations and other high order or complex human resources practices.
- Responsible for strategic levels for all people services: Payroll, Benefits, Retirement Savings, Recruitment and HR Policy.
- Responsible for all Oil Sands HR transactional and process duties. This includes employee relations problem solving
- Responsible for Fort McMurray employees' on-boarding, retention and payroll matters.
- Responsible for annual leadership assessments and the overall succession planning processes.
- Develops and communicates information concerning internal HR policies and applicable government labour and employment regulations.
- Develops and maintains a community relations program to promote SGS within the Fort McMurray community.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- University degree or College diploma in Human Resources, Business Management, or a related field is required.
- Minimum of 10 years human resources generalist experience.
- Experience in the energy industry is preferred.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) and other office applications.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in people management, project management and conflict resolution.
- Must be creative, innovative and customer-focused.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making, conflict resolution, negotiation and persuasion ability.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedural manuals.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Canadian employment laws.
- Strong collaborative problem-solving skills, including the ability to productively partner with stakeholders to build consensus and collaborate to work through problems, develop solutions and foster retention and action.
- Strong skills and experience in talent acquisition, compensation design and implementation, benefit design management, training, employee relations, employment law and employee communication.
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability and experience in making presentations on a wide variety of human resources topics.
- Self motivated and organized with the ability to work independently in a high growth environment.
- Ability to operate to the highest standards of ethics, in accordance with the SGS Code of Integrity & Ethics.
Apply via link https://emea3.recruitmentplatform.com//syndicated/private/syd_apply.cfm?ID=PL9FK026203F3VBQB6GQWQWOB&nPostingTargetId=56249&nPostingId=12459