Lead Hand - Pile Driving - Ledcor Foundations #30910
Lead Hand - Pile Driving - Ledcor Foundations
Location AB - Fort McMurray
Other/Multiple Locations Northern BC/Alberta
Job ID 5916
Ledcor Foundations is a specialty foundations contractor which provides geo-construction services to our clients. Specialty areas include drilled cast-in-place piles, all types of driven piles, sheet piles and shoring applications..
We are seeking an experienced Piling Lead Hand for multiple projects throughout Northern BC and Alberta.
- Supports Ledcor’s core values of safety, quality, integrity, sustainability and success
- Guide and direct a crew of 1-3 personnel
- Promotes a positive safety culture with a target for zero incidents and accident
- Understand specifications, drawings, and surveying staking and able to translate and communicate this information into the physical operations in the field to ensure that the scope responsible for is being constructed to the approved plans and specifications.
- Understands Ledcor’s contractual obligations for the specific area of responsibility.
- Leads and mentors the team, responsibly, with motivation.
- Builds and maintains a trusting relationship with the Client, Subcontractors, Suppliers, and direct hire trades.
- Leads with integrity and demonstrates good work ethics.
- Reports to the Foreman for any problems or unforeseen issues that could effect the project plan
- Plans work in sequence to maximize progress in a safe and timely manner
- Oversees work progress to control quality, resolve problems, assist and give advice when required
- Ensures the proper tools in the correct quantity are available to the crew.
- Minimum of 5 years related piling experience (both driven and drilled piling experience preferred)
- Vibro Hammer experience an asset
- Manlift operation training an asset
- Harness training an asset
- Proven Experience in a supervisory position
- Can successfully complete all necessary paperwork legibly and accurately
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Strong commitment to health and safety on the worksite
- Valid CSTS certification
- Valid driver’s license
- Copy of drivers abstract at time of employment
- Meet productivity requirements in a safe and consistent fashion
- Ability to work in a team environment
We offer an exceptional work environment. Management is approachable, ethical and accountable. Innovation is respected, effort is rewarded and job safety is a primary focus for absolutely everyone: zero incidents is the goal. Hours are reasonable, home life is encouraged and compensation is competitive.
- This is a camp based position
- Shift: 10 to 12 hours in duration
- Rotation: 14 days on 7 days off
- Flights to and from site will be provided from major hubs as designated by the project