HR Generalist #30948
Company: Baker Hughes Canada
to the HR Manager, the HR Generalist will play an instrumental role in shaping
and achieving the assigned client group's strategy and objectives through the
delivery of strategic HR services and programs. The role is measured by the
ability to provide strategic guidance to Leaders in an evolving and constantly
changing business environment. The role will support a variety of clients
within Business Functions.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Establish and maintain ongoing partnerships with
assigned client groups and participate closely with assigned client’s
- Anticipate and proactively search out solutions for
client needs and ensure alignment and consistency.
- Ensure leadership has a strong understanding of the
compensation process to ensure employee concerns, including compensation
issues, are identified and resolved in a timely manner.
- Promote understanding of corporate culture and
incorporate them into all practices.
- Manage special assignments that support and address our
strategic direction and organizational priorities.
- Communicates HR related programs to managers and
- Implement best practices and process optimization and
embrace ongoing change and development.
- Ensure compliance with all legislative and company
- Work with assigned client groups to analyze and
forecast human capital needs, identify and diagnose critical talent gaps,
and select the appropriate people strategies to mitigate key risks related
to talent acquisition, engagement, development, and retention.
- Traveling to various company locations (primarily
Alberta) to participate in operational meetings and make presentations on
human resource-related matters.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management,
Business or related discipline.
- Minimum 5-8 years of work experience in HR required.
- Solid experience in employee relations.
- Results-oriented, team player with a high degree of
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals at all
levels, build rapport and maintain relationships.
- Diplomatic and professional at all times.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as
- Strong computer literacy including MS Word, Excel, SAP
and Microsoft Office.
- Solid organizational, planning and self-management skills
with the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and adjust to heavy
workloads and changing business priorities.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong research and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and
- CHRP an asset.
- Ability to work with unstructured or vague concepts,
research and synthesize data, and translate that data into meaningful
- Highly developed, research, analytical and diagnostic
- Experience in the oil and gas industry an asset.