Company: Keyano College
Competition Number: 1112-BAD-109
Position type: Administration
Closing Date: This advertisement will remain posted until a suitable candidate is found.
Keyano College is located in Wood Buffalo, home of the Athabasca Oil Sands, one of the largest deposits of recoverable oil in the world, second only to Saudi Arabia. With two campuses in Fort McMurray, one in Fort Chipewyan and learning centres in Fort McKay, Gregoire Lake, Janvier, and Conklin, Keyano College is at the epicenter of the Canadian economy and a major player in the training of the skilled workforce required to harness this incredible resource.
Keyano College currently has an annual enrolment of approximately 2,500 post-secondary students and over 28,000 part time and non-credit students.
An employer of choice in one of the most dynamic regions in the country, Keyano College offers professional development and learning opportunities, access to a state-of-the-art sport & wellness centre and a learning environment that inspires excellence and innovation. We are people centered and community focused, and we invite you to discover your future at Keyano College with this career opportunity.
Keyano College is seeking an innovative academic leader to assume the role of Dean, Business. Working in a fast growth environment, the successful candidate will help lead the on-going transformation of the College which will enable it to efficiently and effectively address the increasing demand for quality post-secondary education programs, courses and services.
This is a fulltime, permanent position that will commence as soon as a suitable candidate is found. The Dean, Business will report to the Vice President, Academic and become an active member of the College Leadership Team.
Role and Responsibilities
- This position will be responsible for participating and supporting effective strategic leadership of the College by providing both strategic and operational leadership to specified college departments in the form of a detailed enrolment management plan; and to provide advice and mentorship to managers, supervisors, chairpersons, faculty, staff and managers in their professional development and execution of duties.
- The Dean, Business will be directly responsible and accountable for the quality of programs as well as the effective and efficient delivery of these programs through the establishment and maintenance of an engaging learning environment.
- This position will work collaboratively with the Executive Team and the Vice President, Academic; other senior administrators; chairpersons; and department faculty/staff to establish and achieve College goals and objectives.
- The Dean, Business will play a significant role in ensuring the integration and implementation of plans that support the College’s direction and goals.
- Master of Business Administration or other related Master’s Degree is required.
- The successful candidate must have several years of progressive experience in a leadership role in a post-secondary institution or similar environment.
- Preference will be given to candidates possessing significant experience in a comparable position with an appropriate academic background.
- Work experience in Wood Buffalo, or a Northern community would be an asset
Procedure for applying:
- Compensation is competitive and includes comprehensive health and benefit package
Please submit your current resume, with competition number, to the human resources department by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All competitions will remain open until a suitable candidate is found, however applications will be reviewed as of July 30th, 2012. For further Information visit our website at www.keyano.ca/careers
When sending your resume, please indicate the specific job title you are applying for.