Occupational Health Nurse #31025
Company: Northern Lights Regional Health Center
Classification Title: Out of Scope
Type: Full Time
City/Town: Fort McMurray
Location: Northern Lights Regional Health Centre
Unit/Dept: Workplace Health & Safety
Union: Out of Scope
Date Posted: 2012-08-09
Closed Date: 2012-08-15 Time: 23:59
Position Starts: 2012-10-01
Hours of Work: Hours per Shift: 7.75 hours
Shifts per Cycle: 5 shifts
Length of Shift Cycle: 1 shift cycle
Shift Pattern: Days
*In addition to a competitive rate of pay, AHS currently has a Fort McMurray Allowance in place to an annual maximum of $12,480. This allowance is non-pensionable and is payable on an hourly basis for all hours paid at the basic rate of pay.
- P3 - $65,250 minimum annually - $98,000 maximum annually
Role and Responsibilities
The Occupational Health Nurse in the Workplace Health & Safety department is a profession position reporting to the Lead, WHS Services. Working with a high degree of independence, this position plans and implements programs and processes, and provides advice and direction to clients within its specialty function and scope.
This position is also responsible for:
Delivering programs and services to staff and line managers to meet their needs including:
- The provision of input into the needs of staff and line managers in relation to health promotion, safety and hygiene, and disease/injury prevention programs;
- Providing assistant in the implementation of program and policy strategies to address workplace health and safety hazards;
- Assisting with the promotion of WHS programs and strategic priorities;
- Measure and monitor outcomes for current programs and new initiatives.
- Health Assessments
- Needlestick and body fluid exposure follow up
- Communicable disease follow up
- Employee Family Assistance Program awareness
- WCB reporting process awareness
- Assistance with worker return-to-work plans as needed
- Fit testing
- Other consultation/duties as required
- A minimum of a Nursing diploma with RN designation and appropriate license;
- Undergraduate Nursing Degree and OHN(C) designation preferred; If OHN(C) not present, commitment to complete within four years must be provided in accordance with program requirements;
- A minimum of 3 years experience in Occupation Health Nursing in an organization of significant size, complexity and diversity is preferred (healthcare experience an asset);
- A demonstrated clear pattern of professional and personal development;
- Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered;
- A valid driver’s license is required.
Apply online at www.healthjobs.ab.ca or via Fax: (780) 788-1362
All applications must include the competition number and a current resume to be received by Human Resources no later than midnight of the closing date. We thank all candidates for their applications however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.