Instrumentation Specialist- IOL Kearl #31034
Company: Maxxam Analytics Inc.
Instrumentation Specialist- IOL Kearl
Category: Other, Trades/Technical
Company: Maxxam Analytics
Do you believe in the power of teamwork and sharing ideas? Do you take pride in delivering exceptional quality and service with everything you do? Do you seek out ideas for improving the status quo? If you want to make a difference and love being surrounded by the best and the brightest, Maxxam might be the place for you!
Maxxam has an opportunity for an Instrumentation Specialist at Imperial Oil’s Kearl Oil Sand facility.
The Instrumentation Specialist will support the laboratory operations by:
- Performing maintenance and repair of analytical equipment that is beyond the skill set of typical analysts.
- Training analysts so that they can perform increasingly complicated repairs and maintenance on the analytical equipment.
- Managing maintenance forms and other documentation in our QSI database so that they are current and relevant to sample volume and data delivery.
- Helping develop maintenance efficiencies and improvements that minimizes instrument downtime.
- Effectively communicating instrument operational conditions to management and staff so they can plan the work flow of critical samples.
Because of its remote location, the Instrumentation Specialist will be flown to site and work Monday to Thursday every week, and then flown back to either Calgary or Edmonton and have Friday – Sunday off. They will be required to work some overtime hours to ensure that they meet the demands of the position.
It’s expected that the lab will be pre-staged in Edmonton and then transferred to site. During that time the Instrumentation Specialist will be responsible for instrument set-up, LIMS testing and development, method validation & development, developing maintenance schedules and documents, and completing safety, quality and method training.
Required Skills And Qualifications:
- Proven analytical skills with many instruments.
- Strong instrument and method trouble-shooting skills.
- Able to demonstrate strict adherence to Maxxam’s Quality system.
- Able to demonstrate strict adherence to Maxxam’s Safety policies and procedures.
- The ability to train others.
- A cooperative, team oriented work ethic.
- Excellent up-to-date knowledge of laboratory processes, analytical techniques and LIMS.
- Location: Imperial Oil Kearl Oil Sands Facility (Until the lab is ready on-site, the successful candidate will be located in either Edmonton or Calgary).
- Monday Thursday; 10-hour days. Some overtime hours will be required.
- Transportation to and from site will be provided (originating from Edmonton or Calgary).
- On-site camp accommodations and meals will be provided.
- A professional work environment that fosters career growth and opportunities for lifelong learning
- An industry competitive compensation package complemented by comprehensive medical/dental benefits, RRSP contribution plan and an internal recognition system
- While working at Maxxam Analytics, you will enjoy a friendly and helpful environment while working alongside the best in your field
- Maxxam Analytics is a dynamic and successful organization that supports promotions from within
Please email an updated resume and cover letter to Petroleum.email@example.com
Subject line: “IOL Kearl Instrumentation Specialist”
Resumes will be accepted until August 15, 2012. Candidates that are short listed will be interviewed by August 30, 2012 with selection of final candidates to be completed by September 15, 2012.
We are more than a lab. Maxxam is a science company that delivers value through its people. Founded over 40 years ago, Maxxam is the leader in analytical services and solutions to the Petroleum, Environmental, Food Science & Safety and DNA industries. For all the differences across our lines of businesses, we share a strong and unified foundation; we live our values of integrity, collaboration, innovation, and performance. These values drive our behaviour every day. We process over 2.2 million samples and produce 38 million test results every year, and our customers can rely on our results to make critical decisions with confidence.