High Pressure Operator and Driver #31039
Company: Clean Harbours of Canada
# of Openings: 6
Job Code: 25653
Location: Fort McMurray AB CA T9J 1L1
Job Type: Full Time
Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education: High School or equivalent
- Operates heavy equipment at various worksites.
- Performs more than one of the following units: Vacuum Truck, Hydrovac, Water Truck, Pressure Truck, Steamer, Hot Oiler, Sour Seal Unit or Chemical Cleaning Unit.
- Drive and operate trucks/equipment - sometimes maneuvering in tight spaces
- Perform pre and post trip inspections
- Make emergency roadside adjustments and repairs
- Follow local and inter-provincial highway safety regulations
- Set up and inspect grounding and/or bonding procedures for loading and unloading produced fluids.
- Proper completion of all required paperwork including checklists, forms and invoice requirements
- Follow both Clean Harbors and the Clients safety regulations
- Comply with logbook requirements
- General housekeeping and keeping units clean and free from oil, top up fluids, etc.
- Proper usage and maintenance of Clean Harbors equipment
- Proper reporting of malfunctioning equipment and unsafe working conditions
- Keep all tools and fittings in good working condition
- Ensure you are provided with the correct supplies or equipment to meet the demands of the work being performed
- Maintain and use of appropriate personal protective equipment
- Truck drivers/operators workload and schedules vary, depending on the goods being transported and the distances traveled.
- May be required to climb more than 2 feet off the ground.
- Out of town travel may be required
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Drive in all kinds of weather, traffic and road conditions
- Required to wear FRC coveralls, steel toed boots, safety glasses and hard hat
Skills and Attributes:
Education and Licenses:
- Good health and vision
- Ability to remain alert and maintain a high level of concentration
- Good interpersonal skills and customer service orientation
- Good judgement and the ability to react quickly in emergency situations
- Mechanical ability required for making minor repairs
- Knowledge of heavy industrial service materials and tools, their proper handling, storage and preparation for the work site
- Basic equipments and tool maintenance training and /or related experience
Clean Harbors is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Maintain Class 1 or 3 License with Air brakes Valid TDG Card
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Valid H2S Alive Certificate
- Valid WHMIS Certificate
- Clean driver's abstract - 5 year abstract required