Land Agent (3 Positions) #31043
Company: Atco Electric
Competition Number: 02-O12-346-IEXT
Job Category: Land
# of Positions: 3
Closing Date: 8/20/2012 11:59:00 PM
Job Location: Various
ATCO Electric is a member of the ATCO Group of Companies - one of Canada's premier corporations. We are an Alberta, investor-owned utility delivering electric energy to customers throughout northern and east-central Alberta. In these resource rich areas of the province, electricity is an essential component of industrial development.
Albertans count on ATCO Electric for the safe, reliable delivery of electricity to their homes, farms, and businesses. ATCO Electric serves almost two-thirds of the province, delivering electric energy to petroleum and forestry companies, farms, towns and cities, First Nations and Métis Settlements. Currently we have an immediate opening for the following position:
Land Agent (3 Positions) - Operations Division
Lands & Survey, Distribution Engineering - Southeast, Northeast, And Northwest Regions In Alberta
Reporting to the Land Agent Supervisor, this position provides liaison and negotiating services for ATCO Electric Ltd., for route and site planning and obtaining land rights for distribution and transmission line construction and maintenance projects.
- Contact land owners and occupants to ensure awareness of proposed construction activities that will occur on or near their land.
- Acquisition of land rights required to support ATCO Electric’s distribution and transmission line construction and maintenance projects.
- This involves negotiating with private landowners, occupants/lessees, judicial bodies, other companies and government agencies. This may include several projects concurrently.
- Negotiate to obtain acknowledgments of no concern for route or structure locations.
- Negotiate the purchase of lands required for substation sites, radio tower sites, storage sites, offices and warehouse buildings.
- Document, assess and settle damage claims with land owners.
Procedure for applying:
- A High School diploma plus a minimum of two (2) years experience in land acquisition
- A Land Agent Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institute will be considered an asset
- A valid Land Agent License and Commissioner for Oaths.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Attention to detail in documentation.
- The ability to interpret legal documents.
- A willingness to obtain designation in a recognized Association (i.e. IRWA) or able to obtain designation within 5 years would be an asset.
- Cross-cultural training would be an asset.
- Extensive travel is required.
- Must possess valid driver’s license.
- Candidates with less experience may be considered at the Land Agent, Entry Level
If you are interested in contributing within an ever changing environment where the delivery of power and complimentary services are essential to providing excellent value for our customers, please apply today either online or, email your resume to email@example.com or fax to (780) 420-3847.
Please quote the job title, competition number, location and indicate where you saw the ad for our reference purposes. It is important for applicants to provide a resume detailing the required qualifications stated above and other supporting career information.
To be eligible for hire, candidates will be required to complete a Security Clearance Check satisfactory to ATCO Electric. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in the above position, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.