Quality Control Supervisor - Welding #31045
Company: Snamprogetti Canada
Location: Fort McMurray Area – Edmonton Area
Categories: Metallurgy, Corrosion and Welding, Quality, Site Positions
The Welding Quality Control Supervisor supervises inspects and provides technical assistance for welding operations performed by our subcontractors
- Review the quality control plans and inspection test plans for construction sub-contractors.
- Review and approve the subcontractors’ welding procedure specifications and welders qualifications.
- Manage the qualification of weld procedures and welders,
- Manage the availability adequacy and traceability of filler materials and equipment.
- Ensure the subcontractors are following ITPs and are working in compliance with codes, technical standards, and specifications;
- Ensure the welding material and equipment are correctly received, stored, preserved and handled by the subcontractors.
- Implement a notification process for inspections and non-destructive tests;
- Review the “test packages” for the piping system and performing Walk down inspection.
- Ensure and assist the processes of NCRs (Nonconformance Report), CAR (Corrective Action Report), Preventive Actions, RFI (Requests for Information), etc.
- Assist Lead auditor for external auditing of contractors and subcontractors
- Prepare and file the records and welding dossiers.
- Must have 10 years or greater experience in the related field.
- Mechanic/metallurgy P. Eng;
- To have work experience in Alberta and a CWB level 3 (or 2);
- To be familiar with applicable codes, standards, and specifications like ASME, CSA, ABSA, CWB and API.
- To have coordination/management experience.
- Extensive knowledge about provincial (ABSA) requirements.
- Basic knowledge about ISO 9001/2008
- Must be authorized to legally work in Canada
We offer a highly competitive compensation/benefits package. For a career that goes beyond the expected, please submit your cover letter and resume, with the job title in the subject line to RecruitmentCanada@Saipem.com.
Attn: Human Resources
Suite 2700, 530 8th Avenue SW
Calgary, Alberta T2P 3S8
For more information, please visit www.snamprogetti.ca
Please apply in the manner specified or your application may not be considered. We thank all applicants in advance, however only qualified candidates will be contacted