Public Education/Information Officer #31065
Company: Regional Municipality Of Woodbuffalo
Reference #: 002786
Position Type/ Hours: This is a permanent full-time position working forty (40) hours per week working within the Regional Emergency Services Department.
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
Role and Responsibilities
- Under general supervision of the Fire Marshal the Public Education/Information Officer shall develop and deliver strategic and measurable fire safety and fire prevention programs for residents, targeted populations, and rural communities within the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo.
- This position also requires the individual to activate as an information officer, delivering public information to residents and media in the event of an emergency situation.
You will possess the following:
- Associate Degree in Education, Communications, Journalism or Public Information/Relations.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in the communications/education field, planning and executing strategic programming.
- Professional qualifications and portfolio including: writing experience, communications planning, strategic planning, design/print experience and public education experience.
- Bilingual in either French, Spanish or aboriginal dialects; Cree, Chipewyan, Dene is a definite asset.
- Current First Aid or equivalent and Level – C CPR Certification.
- Valid Class Five (5) Alberta Driver’s License.
- Previous experience in a paramilitary environment is an asset.
- Provide a criminal record check for review and acceptance.
Salary/ Benefits & Compensation
- Must be able to clearly communicate in verbal and written forms.
- Well developed interpersonal skills with the ability to speak confidently in public.
- Demonstrate knowledge of computer programs including, but not exclusive to Word, Excel, Corel, Access, Power Point, F.D.M Internet and e-mail.
- Ability to plan, implement and evaluate programs.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver professional presentations.
- Strong media spokesperson skills (for TV, radio, print and web) and a demonstrated ability to respond promptly and appropriately to media requests.
Salary Range: $48.24 per hour
In addition to the rate of pay, we offer other attractive incentives:
- excellent training and development opportunities
- an extensive employer paid benefits plan
- home equity protection program
- an additional annual payment of $12,480 which represents a cost of living allowance
Closing Date: August 25, 2012 at 12:00 AM Posting Type: Internal & External (POSTED: August 10, 2012 IAFF CLOSING DATE: August 24, 2012)
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. Late applications will not be accepted.