Quality Control Level 2 #31179
Company: Willbros Canada
Job ID 193
Position Status Full Time Regular
Progress Status Accepting Applications
Willbros Construction Services (Canada) L.P. is Canada’s’ supplier of choice for maintenance, pipeline and tank construction, in addition to upstream and downstream engineering and construction services. With three fabrication facilities to support the manufacturing of modules, general fabrication of pipe, plate and structural components, Willbros is prepared to meet and exceed the requirements of any industrial clientele now and in the future.
Our aim at Willbros Canada is to be the employer of choice offering a safe and comfortable work environment to produce the best quality and highest efficiency for our valued customer.
Required is a fully qualified inspector responsible for the performance of visual inspections, direction of NDE inspections in accordance with ASME, CSA and API codes of fabrication, and implementation of the Willbros Quality System. This position requires limited direction in conducting quality activities and assembly of quality documentation in accordance with internal and external standards. Has CWB Level 2 or equivalent, technical skills and 3-5 years experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with the client’s contractual requirements and where required the requirements of the Regulatory Authority through the effective implementation of the Willbros Canada Quality Control System
- Initiate and maintain the quality job file to ensure that all relevant quality documents are in the job file and are completed accurately
- Verify material control, identification, and traceability as per the contract, code and quality system
- Perform all in process and final inspections, preparation and issuance of associated inspection reports, nonconformance reports and corrective action requests
- Coordinate NDE personnel (internal and/or external)
- Establish and maintain an electronic tracking/reporting system for all NDE and inspection activities
- Coordinating scheduled inspection activities with Company personnel, client representatives and regulatory bodies
- Expediting the completion of the quality turn-over documents
- Review, verify, and monitor special processes such as welding, nondestructive examination, heat treatment, pressure testing, coating, and insulation to ensure compliance
- Verify welding control compliance such as the maintaining of welder records, welding consumables verification, and visual weld inspection
- Maintain calibration records for all Company owned measuring and testing equipment at his/her assigned site
Compensation & Benefits Overview
- CWB Level 2 or equivalent with a minimum of 3 - 5yrs experience with W59 & W47.1, B31.3, CSA Z662, ASME Section VIII and XI
- Sound knowledge of welding technology and processes, CWB requirements & ASME codes
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office computer skills (example: Excel, Word)
This position is a full time regular position with a competitive compensation and benefit package.
Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Willbros is an equal opportunity employer