Process Control Technologist/Engineer, Operational #31180
Job ID: 6683
Position Type: Full-Time
Location: CA-AB-Foster Creek
Business Unit/Group: Primrose Assets
Job Post End Date: 8/29/2012
Cenovus Energy is a Canadian oil company. We are committed to applying fresh, progressive thinking to safely and responsibly unlock energy resources the world needs. Our operations include oil sands projects in northern Alberta, which use specialized methods to drill and pump the oil to the surface, and established natural gas and oil production in Alberta and Saskatchewan. We also have 50 percent ownership in two U.S. refineries.
About this opportunity:
Our Foster Creek Facility is currently looking for a Process Control Technologist/Engineer. Reporting to the Coordinator of Process Control , your primary focus will be to interface daily with Foster Creek Plant and Field Operations prioritizing the DCS work load to maximize productivity and efficiency of the operating portion of the Foster Creek Control Systems. You will also work closely with the site operations and engineering group ensureing the stability and functionality of the process control systems at Foster Creek.
This is a Full Time Employee role , working a shift of 4 days on 3 days off, 10 hours per day. The ideal candidate will reside in the Cold Lake/Bonnyville area. Bus transportation to site will be provided from various pick up points in the Cold Lake, Bonnyville and LaCorey areas. Relocation assistance will be provided.
Our Foster Creek facility is located approximately 90 minutes north of Bonnyville/ Cold Lake, Alberta area. Your primary responsibility will be to effectively participate as a team member in the operation of our Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage (SAGD) facilities. Our Foster Creek Team is seeking energetic and qualified individuals to support our long term safety, environmental and production goals.
- Attend all Operations based meetings for DCS support and input
- Support all the Area Work Teams through your group to ensure consistant DCS respresentation
- Work co-operatively with on-site Area Engineers to support Foster Creek Operations Asset
- Accountable for incident investigations and reporting of issues with regards to operations
- Evaluate existing systems and installations to improve reliability, performance, and operational costs
- Participate in Plant Alarm Rationalization Activities
- Manage plant remote support on-call and availability of the group
- Execute and provide input on Process Control related specifications: DCS Configuration, PLC, Third Party Interface, Graphics Alarm, Configuration
Business Unit/Group Description: Foster Creek
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- APEGA Professional Engineer with 3-5 years or ASET certified Technologist with 4 - 8 years of related Control Systems and Applications experience
- Familiar with thermal recovery facilities and operation an asset
- Working knowledge of process design and optimization
- Working and design knowledge of control systems (DCS, PLC, SCADA)
- Experience with process loop analysis and tuning
- Experience with Honeywell PKS Control Systems an asset
- Experience with plant alarm reporting and rationalization activities
- Well developed communication and interpretation skills with the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team
Foster Creek is one of our two industry-leading oil sands steam-assisted gravity drainage projects that is located on the Cold Lake Air Weapons Range about 330 kilometres northeast of Edmonton. We began operations in 1996 and in 2001 it became the industry's first commercial SAGD project. Learn more about Foster Creek.
Immediately following successful submission of your online application, you will receive an online message confirming Cenovus's receipt of your resume. Due to the anticipated volume of applications we are unable to respond to telephone inquiries about the status of your application.