Project Controls Manager – Sherwood Park #31270
Company: Willbros Canada
Position Status Full Time Regular
Progress Status Accepting Applications
Job ID: 189
City Sherwood Park
Province Alberta [AB]
Country Canada [CA]
Willbros Construction Services (Canada) L.P. is Canada’s’ supplier of choice for maintenance, pipeline and tank construction, in addition to upstream and downstream engineering and construction services. With three fabrication facilities to support the manufacturing of modules, general fabrication of pipe, plate and structural components, Willbros is prepared to meet and exceed the requirements of any industrial clientele now and in the future. Our aim at Willbros Canada is to be the employer of choice offering a safe and comfortable work environment to produce the best quality and highest efficiency for our valued customer.
Reporting to the Director, Technical Services of Willbros Canada, the Project Controls Manager manages the day to day processes, procedures, systems, tools, reporting and training related to the initiation, planning, management, control, resource management and close-out of the following project management process areas for the projects controls group:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Scope and Change
- Subcontracting (share with procurement/contracts)
- Overall integration/coordination.
The Manager, Project Controls is responsible for ensuring that all relevant project/contract data and reports are accurate, consistent, prepared in a timely manner, and available to the relevant, authorized individuals and organizations.
Under the guidance of the Director, Technical Services, the Project Controls Manager will be responsible for:
- Managing project management systems and tools to support the business processes – including JD Edwards and Primavera.
- Prepares and/or manages the assembly of summary-level project performance reporting for operations, financial, and executive management – including trending and exception reporting.
- Conducts training to ensure that all those involved in the business processes have a working understanding of the project management procedures and supporting tools and can effectively apply both to the successful execution of projects.
- Practices continuous improvement in all the above.
- Supports projects and bids/proposals on an as-needed basis.
- Performs other special projects as assigned.
Compensation & Benefits Overview
- Post-secondary education – Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent relevant experience.
- A minimum of 8-10 years of progressive experience in project accounting and controls within a large global company preferred.
- Five or more year’s management experience working within the engineering and construction services industry.
- Must have advanced knowledge of project controls principles.
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in use of MS Office products.
- Advanced knowledge of necessary software systems.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Recognized for having specialized depth or breadth of expertise within area of focus.
- Ability to effectively participate and lead global strategy development and implementation.
- Skill in developing policy and procedure documentation.
- Working knowledge of construction and engineering services is preferred.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variable situations with limited standardization.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to teach others what they know and to transfer subject matter, knowledge and understanding to other employees and/or internal customers regarding why work is performed the way it is and how it impacts the broader organization.
This position is a full time regular position with a competitive compensation and benefit package.
Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Willbros is an equal opportunity employer