Health, Safety and Environment Coordinator, Nights #31283
Company: PCL Family of Companies
Job ID # 2703
Functional Area: Health, Safety and Environment
Employment Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: Designation
Experience Required: 7 - 10 Years
Sector: Heavy Industrial
The PCL industrial companies respond to the unique construction needs of our clients in the petrochemical, oil and gas, oil sands, pulp and paper, mining, and power and cogeneration industries.
Based on a project site (Fort McMurray – Alberta, Nisku – Alberta, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan), we are seeking career minded professionals to join our project site operations team as <strong>Health, Safety, and Environment Coordinators</strong>. for <strong>Nightshift</strong>.
In this career growth position, the successful candidate will be providing support to our project based field staff with key elements to our Occupational Health and Safety Program which includes:
- Incident Investigation and Reporting;
- Conducting Safety Orientations; and
- Performing Audits and Internal Safety Training.
Reporting to our HSE Manager, the successful candidates will assist in providing information on environmental and safety legislated standards, and will be primarily responsible for:
- Liaising with clients, owners and other subcontractors;
- Reviewing investigation, medical and various other reports;
- Completing Behaviour Based Observations; and
- Acting as an ambassador of project and company health, safety, and environment programs.
Applicants must have
We are seeking only those who are able to commit to our current project schedule of 10 days on followed by 4 days off, and those who are passionate about construction health and safety.
- A minimum of 7 years industrial field experience
- Either a Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP), a Construction Safety Officer (CSO) or has completed a recognized post secondary Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) program;
- Advanced knowledge of occupational health and safety legislation;
- A thorough knowledge of construction sequencing; and
- A thirst for knowledge and professional development.
Salary/ Benefits & Compensation
Remuneration for this position will be paid in accordance with experience and career potential however, applicants selected must have a desired salary of between $80,000 - $120,000 to be considered.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those identified for further consideration will be contacted