Event Services Coordinator #31291
Company: Keyano College
Competition Number: 1213-ESC-032
Position type: Support (CUPE) AS5
Closing Date: Aug 31, 2012
# of Positions: 1
Keyano College offers the quality of life you want - flexibility and freedom to spend time with family, Christmas break and lifelong learning and career development opportunities. Pass on your education and experience and have fun doing it!
An employer of choice in one of the most dynamic regions in the country, Keyano College offers professional development and learning opportunities, access to a state-of-the-art sport & wellness centre and a learning environment that inspires excellence and innovation. We are people centered and community focused, and we invite you to discover your future at Keyano College with this career opportunity. Keyano College encourages individuals with experience and expertise to join our staff.
- Under the direction of the Director, Theatre and Arts Centre, the Event Services Coordinator will oversee the scheduling of events/rooms in the Theatre and Arts Centre, including the internal and external coordination of users? of the Arts Centre spaces.
- Responsibilities include cost estimates, invoicing, coordinating staff hours, yearly reports and ensuring proper use of the facilities by all clients.
- These functions include preparing archival files, monitoring funds and coordinating staff requirements with the Production Manager.
- The Event Services Coordinator is essentially a key ambassador for the Centre and will work with the rest of the staff to bring new clientele/bookings to the theatre.
- The position will liaise with virtually all departments in the college and oversee the distribution of information to the rest of the theatre staff.
- Evening and /or weekend work may be required for the occasional special event.
Remuneration: $47,233 per annum plus benefits
- The successful candidate will have at least 2 years post-secondary education, plus 2 years related experience.
- An Office Administration diploma would be considered an asset.
- The successful candidate will possess strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Essential to this position is strong communication, problem-solving and customer service skills.
- An ability to understand a client’s needs and respond accordingly is vital.
- As well, the successful candidate will have experience in multi-tasking, event management and invoice/ quote preparation.
Procedure for applying:
Please submit your current resume, with competition number, to the human resources department by email to email@example.com. This position will remain open until suitable candidate is found. Please find more information on www.keyano.ca/careers.
Keyano College welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including visible minorities, aboriginal people, and persons with disabilities. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada and willing to undergo a background check in our pre-employment recruitment process. We sincerely appreciate the interest of all applicants. Individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
When sending your resume, please indicate the specific job title you are applying for.