Human Resources Manager #31327
Company: Sawridge Inn & Conference centre
Company Name: Sawridge Inns & Conference Centre
Location: Fort McMurray
The Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre has been on the leading edge of the Alberta hospitality industry for more than 38 years. Sawridge people are passionate about providing unequaled service and value to our clients which has enabled us to achieve exceptional, award-winning results, year after year.
The Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre (Fort McMurray) is currently accepting applications for the role of Human Resources Manager.
To over see the Hotel in its Human Resource Development. This takes in consideration Hiring, Training, and Retention of new and existing employees, involved and coordinates the Foreign Worker Program with the Federal Government.
Job responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Hiring: Post job ads, internal postings, accept all resumes, update Sawridge website, complete all interviews, complete all references and new hire paper work, name tags & uniforms exit interviews write and update all job descriptions for new positions contact for summer student worker programs.
- Training: Working on training programs for specific departments and organizing training sessions, responsible for monthly orientation for new employees.
- Staff housing: Leases signed ensure all furnishings are complete, do monthly walk throughs, hand in maintenance request, acquire new
- housing units, meet with land lords, set up all new utility, cable and phone accounts.
- Foreign Worker Coordinator: Responsible for 30 foreign workers at this property, orientation, obtaining SIN cards, Alberta Health Care and bank accounts, ensuring they settle into the community and their new housing,
- ensure proper training and ATEC certification, responsible for the Provincial Nominee Program. New applications for further foreign workers.
- Corporate policies, procedures and employee handbook: Responsible for distributing these items and rewriting policies or produces, while enforcing all existing policies and procedures.
- Disciplinary and Personal Issues: Responsible for assisting managers, department managers with disciplinary conversations, write ups and terminations.
- Retention: Maintain employee of month and birthday programs. Ensure performance reviews are being completed on a yearly basis for management and staff. Assist in organizing employee appreciation reception and all staff parties, contact for local Gold star Awards
- WCB: Ensure all forms are filled out by the employee, fill out employers forms send them in to WCB, collect all paperwork from doctors, contact for case workers and ensure light duties are assigned to workers and that employees are attending there appointments set by WCB.
- Miscellaneous: Occasional administration duties for other departments when short staffed and extremely busy, participate in OH&S committee.