Cost Control Level 2 #31957
Company: Willbros Canada
Job ID 149
# of Positions: 1
Position Status Full Time Regular
Progress Status Accepting Applications
Location(s): Fort McMurray, AB
Willbros Construction Services (Canada) L.P. is Canada’s’ supplier of choice for maintenance, pipeline and tank construction, in addition to upstream and downstream engineering and construction services. With three fabrication facilities to support the manufacturing of modules, general fabrication of pipe, plate and structural components, Willbros is prepared to meet and exceed the requirements of any industrial clientele now and in the future.
Our aim at Willbros Canada is to be the employer of choice offering a safe and comfortable work environment to produce the best quality and highest efficiency for our valued customer.
Reporting to the Finance and Administration Lead, the Cost Control Specialist is responsible for monitoring and controlling the project budgets and progress. The Cost Control Specialist will also perform earned value analysis and develop regular project forecasts. The Cost Control Specialist is expected to maintain the change order log and be an active participant in the Change Management processes. Also, a major responsibility of the Cost Control Specialist will be regular project reporting to clients and home office.
Duties and Responsibilities
Earned Value Analysis & Project Progress:
- Develop project budgets from the construction estimate.
- Monitor and Control the project budgets.
- Develop forecasts with the aid of earned value analysis and field support.
- Monitor, control and report on sub contractor cost, progress and schedule.
- Develop project progressing rules.
- Calculate/validate physical percent complete.
- Calculate performance indices using earned value analysis.
- Monitor and Control the project Change Order Log.
- Create and update change orders, trends and budget shifts.
- Manage the project cost report.
- Create regular client reports.
- Create the home office cost reports including Margin analysis.
- Degree / Diploma (Preferably in construction, engineering or equivalent experience).
- Minimum of 5 years of cost control experience in heavy construction/energy industry.
- Sound knowledge of computer software such as Excel, Primavera and cost databases.