Company: The Casman Group of Companies
Department 2-3 BLD: Casman Building Ltd.
Job Title: Carpenter
Reports To: Project Manager
Job Family: Technical
Under the direction of the Project Manager, the Carpenter performs rough and finished carpentry and/or cabinet making to maintain, repair, and construct structures and fixtures.
In construction jobs, Carpenters plan and design jobs, purchase raw material inputs, and perform work procedures in accordance with well defined scope of work documentation and the Project Manager’s direction. Limited supervision on the job site may be required to coordinate unskilled and semi-skilled workers or to work with other trades staff on the same job site.
The work in this classification is differentiated from lower classifications due to the technical nature of the responsibilities and training required. Work is performed with considerable independence of action and latitude for job planning and decision-making within project guidelines.
- Performs basic duties in carpentry trade.
- Performs a variety of building maintenance and construction work including renovations and the installation of such fixtures and appliances as may be required, including but not limited to: doors, windows, porches, decks, ramps, steps/stairs, roofing, etc.
- Determine the job requirements, plan for materials, equipment, tools and personnel needs, and initiate construction activities
- Maintain records and prepare detailed reports
- Reads and understands designs, sketches, blueprints, operating manuals, etc.
- Maintains fluency in construction safety and ISO quality assurance requirements.
- Follows safe work and quality policies and procedures in the delegation of work assignments.
- Carpenters are required to provide their own tools.
- Perform other duties as assigned of a similar nature or level.
- regularly is required to stand, lift, stoop, kneel, crawl or bend
- Knowledge of standard trade practices, methods, materials, and tools of the carpentry trade
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Equivalent to completion of a High school diploma plus completion of trade certification and 2 years of direct experience (formal schooling required), or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above