Marketing & Events Manager – PROJECT #32151
Company: Keyano Corporate
Marketing & Events Manager – PROJECT
Competition Number: 1213-GSM-035
Position type: Administration
Closing Date: This advertisement will remain posted until a suitable candidate is found.
Keyano College is currently seeking an energetic, self-directed individual to assume this administrative position with the Management team of the Sport and Wellness Department commencing September 01, 2012 and ending on or before December 01, 2013.
Reporting to the Director of the Sport & Wellness Department but working independently, you will be acting in a variety of roles related to the overall marketing, promotion, advertising and facility utilization of the entire Sport & Wellness Department, including Huskies Athletics, Alberta Sport Development Centre, Be Fit for Life Centre, and the Syncrude Sport & Wellness Centre. In addition you will also solicit and cultivate sponsorship/donor support and recognition for the Sport and Wellness Centre.
Role and Responsibilities
- Main duties will include business marketing, communications, event management, administration, planning and other entrepreneurial activities as assigned.
- This position plays a key role in revenue generating initiatives including seeking out new business, identifying cost saving opportunities as well as developing strategic plans for promotions and sales related to memberships and programs.
- A major part of this project role will include co-chairing the committees for the 2013 ACAC Men’s Basketball and Volleyball Championships being hosted at Keyano College.
- Degree in Commerce/Business/Marketing or Recreation Management with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a marketing/advertising/promotions role, preferably within a major sport and fitness facility.
- The incumbent will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to negotiate sponsorships, contracts and agreements.
- Candidates for this position will have a proven ability to develop sales and advertising campaigns.
Remuneration: $6,804.83 per month plus an attractive benefits package.
Procedure for applying:
Please submit your current resume, with competition number, to the human resources department by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 7, 2012.
Keyano College welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including visible minorities, aboriginal people, and persons with disabilities. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada and willing to undergo a background check in our pre-employment recruitment process. We sincerely appreciate the interest of all applicants. Individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
When sending your resume, please indicate the specific job title you are applying for.