Subcontracts Administrator #32204
Company: Willbros Canada
Job ID 162
City Sherwood Park
Province Alberta [AB]
Country Canada [CA]
Position Status Full Time Regular
Willbros Construction Services (Canada) L.P. is Canada’s’ supplier of choice for maintenance, pipeline and tank construction, in addition to upstream and downstream engineering and construction services. With three fabrication facilities to support the manufacturing of modules, general fabrication of pipe, plate and structural components, Willbros is prepared to meet and exceed the requirements of any industrial clientele now and in the future. Our aim at Willbros Canada is to be the employer of choice offering a safe and comfortable work environment to produce the best quality and highest efficiency for our valued customer.
The Subcontracts Administrator III is a senior position responsible for performing a high level of work in reviewing and negotiating bids as well as implementing subcontracts for the employer's Procurement department. Additionally, this position is responsible for monitoring and ensuring compliance over the lifetime of each subcontract.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Request and review subcontractor proposal and supporting documentation. Prepare Subcontracting checklist and ensure completion/compliance with all aspects of subcontract evaluation and documentation required by the company’s approved subcontracting/purchasing systems.
- Negotiate subcontract terms and conditions consistent with prime contract terms and Willbros policy.
- Execute subcontract award in accordance with company policy and signature authority.
- Administer subcontract throughout period of performance, initiating modifications for funding, POP changes, value changes, key personnel changes, etc. in accordance with prime contract requirements and company policy.
- Monitor subcontractor’s obligations and performance, including ensuring timely deliverable of submissions, period of performance, etc.
- Review Subcontractor invoicing for compliance.
- Ensure that all internal Willbros customers are appropriately trained on Subcontractor management processes.
- Obtain annual updates on Subcontractor representations and certifications.
- Upon completion of subcontractor period of performance, obtain close out documentation and de-obligate any unused funds.
- Coordinate contract close out actions with Finance as necessary.
- Bachelor degree preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Experience in placing orders, negotiating agreements and managing the entire subcontract management process
- Proven track record that includes working collaboratively with management and operations regarding management of statement of work requirements and subcontractor deliverables
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Position Specifics A self-confident team player who is comfortable dealing with people at all levels in an organization
- Respected for uncompromising integrity, work ethic and professionalism
- Energetic with a positive and enthusiastic disposition, possessing a can-do attitude
- Excellent attention to detail and proven ability to meet deadlines
- Customer focused, values oriented and results driven