Stationary Engineer - Onsite Fort McMurray #32422
Company: LVP Executive Recruitment
Location/City: AB - Fort McMurray
Our Client is a multi-discipline engineering firm focused on business within Alberta that undertakes all aspects of project development including:
- Feasibility and Scoping Studies
- Detailed Engineering
- Project Capital & Life Cycle Cost Estimates
- De-bottlenecking & Plant Optimizations
- Procurement and Expediting
- Project and Construction Management
- Shop and Field Inspections
- Commissioning and Start–up
Located in the west end of Edmonton they are seeking to add to their Edmonton team.
What's in it for you?
- Excellent compensation & health benefit package;
- Opportunities for continuing advancement through training and learning new skills;
- Excellent work environment, free parking and nearby public transit;
- Exercise gym & games room with change rooms & showers including: treadmills, stationary bicycles, ellipticals, universal gyms, and free weights;
- A work-life balance with flexible work schedules, start times and lunch hours, and a 4-day summer work week;
- Opportunities to join the Employee Social Club and participate in the Edmonton & Area Corporate Challenge.
- Experience in design/implementation of heat exchangers, pressure vessels, tanks;
- Execute discipline front end and detailed design input to engineering projects;
- Execute technical support studies as requested
- Provide engineering support to the construction / commissioning phases as necessary.
- Provide engineering support to maintenance and operations as requested
- Provide detailed engineering input during all design phases, including interpretation and challenge of standards
- Actively communicate with other disciplines to optimize areas of interface, during the design development, review and check processes.
- Support design/drawing office personnel with specialist engineering input
- Prepare requisitions and technical evaluation of bids for discipline material and equipment procurement.
- Ensure equipment vendors provide timely and quality input into design packages
- Review all third party discipline design work
- Provide day-to-day expertise/technical support for ensuring maximum reliability and uptime of area equipment;
- Establish reliability goals and measure effectiveness of reliability programs;
- Ensure the equipment reliability and availability is measured and reported every month;
- Lead FMEA studies (Failure Modes and Effects Analysis) as required;
- Liaison with vendors as required;
- Interface with engineering and projects to support development of work scope packages;
- Stay abreast of equipment inspections, interpretation or results and follow-up action;
- Stay current with applicable governmental regulations, which may affect maintenance and reliability practices and procedures;
- Participate in the development of Plant Equipment Standards
- P. Eng Designation an asset;
- B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University or equivalent qualification
- A minimum 8 years oil & gas engineering experience
- Experience in front end and detailed design required Demonstrated ability to contribute both as a team member and independently;
- Proficient with Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint;
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Experience with relevant codes: ASME (B31.3, 31.1, Section VIII), TEMA, CSA, NACE, API.
Should your qualifications match the skills our client is seeking, please click Apply Now. Send your resume, including contact information, to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with Stationary Engineer in the subject line.
Please note that due to the volume of resumes we receive we are only able to contact those candidates we feel ideally suit our clients needs.