New Graduate - Chemical Engineer #51314
Competition #: CHE00234
Application Close Date: February 7, 2014
Primary Location: Fort McMurray
Are you looking for a rewarding career? Then dream bigger and join Syncrude - one of Alberta's top employers. A major producer of crude oil from the oil sands, we are serious about our commitment to secure Canada's energy future through responsible development, and we look to our people to get us results. Syncrude employees contribute in many ways to the achievement of our production and safety targets, and our environmental protection practices. Here, you can work and grow in a dynamic, team-oriented environment, and receive excellent salary and benefits while doing it.
Our home community of Fort McMurray is friendly and has all the amenities of city living; even better, it's surrounded by spectacular natural scenery that will make you want to enjoy the great outdoors. Pursue your goals by exploring the many exciting career opportunities with Syncrude.
This is Fort McMurray based position that exists in the Operations Support – Extraction & Upgrading Department (Conversion, Extraction, Upgrading, and Utilities & Offsites Area).
As a process contact engineer the individual will be involved with one or more aspects of the day-to-day plant operation including:
- Monitor the units every day to ensure safe & reliable operations and optimize unit operation to meet run lengths and production target
- Assess product quality, unit material balance, yield and utility/chemical consumption on a regular basis
- Troubleshoot and resolve operational problems with process, maintenance and plant engineering support
- Initiate projects to improve plant performance
- Provide process engineering support to develop turnaround work scope and evaluate the condition of equipment during turnarounds
- A degree in Chemical Engineering from an accredited university
- 0 – 3 years of experience. Previous experience (co-op terms included) in oil & gas or EPC environment preferred.
- Must possess and demonstrate the ability to apply engineering theory and skills in material & energy balance, fluid flow and hydraulic calculations and thermodynamics
- Must be registered or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer in the province of Alberta
- Must possess and demonstrate the ability to positively interact with operations and engineering personnel by applying effective written and verbal communication.
This is full-time permanent position located in Fort McMurray.
Candidates applying for these positions must presently have the required approvals to work permanently in Canada. Syncrude Canada Ltd. would like to thank all applicants who apply to our postings. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted directly.