Registered Nurse #74297
Company: Alberta Health Services
- As a member of a multi-disciplinary team, RN provide nursing care including assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation, documentation and communication of same.
- Demonstrates and practices knowledge of current principles, techniques and procedures within specified guidelines.
- Demonstrates knowledge of guidelines as set out by the licensing body and performs duties accordingly and within established scope of practice.
- Provides clinical assistance and direction to other members of the patient care team, as appropriate.
- Shift work as required.
- Requires lifting as part of patient care.
- On call/Call Back as required.
- Other duties as required.
- Must be registered or eligible for registration with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA).
- Must have valid Basic Cardiac Life Support - Health Care Provider (BCLS-HCP) certification.
- ACLS certification preferred.
- Graduation from a recognized nursing education program required.
- TNCC certification preferred.
- 3 to 5 years nursing experience required.
- Proven written/oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated computer knowledge required.
- Strong decision making/problem solving abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Additional certification and/or courses may be required in critical care and specialized units.
- Provide safe, quality nursing care as directed.
- Prioritize patient care according to level of acuity.
- Work independently and as a team member.
- Make decisions and solve problems.
In addition to a competitive rate of pay, AHS currently has a Fort McMurray Allowance in place to an annual maximum of $12,480. This allowance is non-pensionable and is payable on an hourly basis for all hours paid at the basic rate of pay.