Building Safety Codes Officer III #74298
Company: Regional Municipality Of Woodbuffalo
This is a permanent full-time position working forty (40) hours per week within the Safety Codes Branch of the Planning and Development Department. This position is within the CUPE 1505 Bargaining Unit. This position is located in the community of Fort McMurray, the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo's urban centre.
- Under general supervision the Building Safety Codes Officer III will issue permits, inspect the construction, installation, operation and maintenance of structures and the systems to ensure compliance with the relevant codes, standards and regulations. Also provide consultation and code advice to contractors and owners.
- Examine plans, issue building permits, and inspect construction and mechanical systems for buildings - all uses & occupancies, ensuring compliance to the appropriate codes, policies and bylaws.
- Prepare permit conditions and notices to alert designers, contractors and homeowners of deficiencies in the design or construction.
- Follow up on conditions and notices to ensure deficiencies are corrected.
- Keep accurate records of plans examinations and inspector's notices on the Permits Management System.
- Answer general inquiries on building permit and code related matters.
- Investigate non-permit complaints, take the necessary actions and prepare reports on the action taken.
- Gather evidence and prepare files for prosecution and attend court as required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Group A and B Level 1 and Part 10 Safety Code Council Certification
- Group A and B Level 2 Safety Code Council Certification
- Group A and B Level 3, Part 10, Group A(e), Group A3(m), Group A(r) Safety Code Council Certification
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience as a Building Safety Codes Officer in Group A and B Level 2 and Part 10
- You will possess the following:
- Effective communication, presentation, interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and tactfully handle complex and difficult Code related items.
- Proven ability to read and interpret engineering plans, drawings and specifications.
- Valid Alberta Class Five (5) driver's licence and a personal vehicle for getting to and from the business is required.
- Must be willing to attend evening meetings and work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Must be medically and physically able to perform all the duties of the job on an ongoing basis.
- A criminal record check is required for review and acceptance.
- Must be willing and able to work in an unsanitary conditions (immunizations strongly recommended).
- This position is evaluated at a Pay Level 18, but has been adjusted to reflect current market conditions. Permanent rate effective after twelve (12) months of employment.
- Market Rate
- $ 59.45 (Start Rate)
- $ 70.16 (Permanent Rate)
- Evaluated Rate
- $ 55.47 (Start Rate)
- $ 65.47 (Permanent Rate)
- excellent training and development opportunities
- an extensive employer paid benefits plan
- an additional annual payment of $12,480 which represents a cost of living allowance