Company: Regional Municipality Of Woodbuffalo
The Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo is looking to hire seven (7) Firefighter/EMTs. The Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo has exciting and challenging career opportunities for Firefighter/EMTs. The Fort McMurray Fire Department is a fully integrated Fire/EMS service that provides advanced life support including helicopter life flight, fire and rescue services within our region. These positions are within the IAFF Local 2494 Union.
- Safely respond and work at emergency and non-emergency scenes, within the established RES guidelines.
- Take direction from operations officers in matters pertaining to fire and medical.
- Take direction from officers where required in matters pertaining to training and prevention.
- Perform routine duties related to shift operations in areas such as apparatus/equipment maintenance, reports, station maintenance, etc.
- Work collaboratively within a team environment.
- Assist the department in public education, the promotion of fire safety, fire prevention and public relations.
- Attend training courses as necessary to facilitate progression to First Class Firefighter.
- Perform basic administrative functions.
- Perform such tasks as necessary to support and maintain continuity of the Regional Fire Service.
- Understand and support the Corporate Mission, Vision and Value statements.
- NFPA 1001 Level I and II is required.
- Current Alberta College of Paramedics Emergency Medical Technician Certification is required.
- Valid Basic Cardiac Life Support (CPR) certification.
- Valid Class Four (4) Alberta driver's licence with “Q” Endorsement is required.
- Valid Class Three (3) Alberta driver’s licence (with "Q" endorsement) or equivalent out of province is an asset.
- Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector is required for review and acceptance.
- Emergency Medical Technologist Paramedic Certification is an asset.
- A Primary Care or Advanced Care Paramedic moving into the Province of Alberta would qualify as an EMT or EMT-P. However, all individuals must be registered with the Alberta College of Paramedics to legally practice in Alberta. To find out how to achieve full EMT/EMT-P licensure and register in Alberta, please visit the Alberta College of Paramedics website under the Labour Mobility section.
- Candidates will be contacted regarding the details of the testing and interview process.
$41.18 per hour (Firefighter/EMT probation)
$43.75 per hour (Firefighter/EMT after probation)
$51.47 per hour (Firefighter/EMT-P)
- excellent training and development opportunities
- an extensive employer paid benefits plan
- an additional annual payment of $12,480 which represents a cost of living allowance
- (Candidates registered through the Alberta College of Paramedics and the Health Disciples Board as an Emergency Medical Technician are eligible for additional education pay).