Syncrude is looking for experienced Process Operators and Power Engineers to join our Upgrader, Utilities and Oil Movement Teams. You will play a lead role in producing high quality, light Syncrude Sweet Blend crude oil.
The successful candidates will be responsible for monitoring and operating some of the largest process units in the world, utilizing leading-edge refinery technology.
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th Class Power Engineer Certificate
- Minimum High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Two or more years of experience in oil and gas operation or similar process
- Ability to work 12 hour day or night shift. The shift is typically 3 days, 3 nights, 6 days off
- Process Operation Technologist Diploma
- Control room panel operating experience
- Leadership/supervisory experience
- Extensive knowledge of compression, fractionation, distillation or power/steam generation and water treatment
- Working knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety regulation
- An awareness of Emergency Response plans, safe work and permit procedures
- Wastewater treatment certification or Potable water certification for the Water area
- Ability to prioritize and organize work
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work with diverse individuals and groups
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products such as Word, Excel and Outlook
This posting will close on January 15, 2017
These are permanent full time positions located in Fort McMurray.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
Candidates applying for these positions must be legally entitled to work in Canada.