Labourer - Summer Student (4 Positions) #74603
Company: Regional Municipality Of Woodbuffalo
These are Summer Student positions working eighty-four (84) hours bi-weekly within the Parks and Roads Services Branch of the Public Works & Transit Services Department. Some of these positions will be working a rotating shift that will include both weekends and nightshift. These positions are within the CUPE 1505 Union Bargaining Unit and are located in the rural community of Anzac. These positions will also require travel to Janvier and Conklin.
Under close supervision, perform manual labourer duties; clean and maintain all assigned areas/facilities, and perform general labour tasks. Remain flexible to respond to the immediate needs of your area to increase overall effectiveness of operations.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- Successful completion of one (1) year of post-secondary education is required.
- Ability to understand instructions and safety procedures.
- Ability to demonstrate dependability and reliability.
- Ability to perform heavy manual labour for extended durations of time in all weather conditions.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- A valid Alberta Class Five (5) Driver’s Licence is required.
- Candidates who are successful during the interview process will be required to provide the following documents:
- Proof of full-time post-secondary enrollment for the Winter 2017 and Fall 2017 semester.
- A copy of a High School Diploma or GED equivalency.
- Contact information for two supervisory references.
- A copy of a valid Class Five (5) Driver’s Licence and a Driver’s Abstract (issued within 30 days).These documents are not required at the time of application or at the time of interview, however preparing and collecting these documents in advance will expedite the recruitment process for successful candidates.
- Pay Level:70% of PL 6
- Salary Range:$26.07 per hour (Student Rate)
- We offer an additional bi-weekly payment of $480 which represents a cost of living allowance