Recreation Programmer - Summer Student (4 Position #74605
Company: Regional Municipality Of Woodbuffalo
These are Summer Student positions working forty (40) hours weekly within the Rural Relations Branch of the Indigenous & Rural Relations Department. These positions are within the CUPE 1505 Union Bargaining Unit and are located in the community of Fort McMurray, the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo’s urban centre. The Recreation Programmers will be required to work some evenings to accommodate community needs.
Under supervision, the Recreation Programmers are responsible for delivery of programs, activities, and events to the citizens of the region; utilizing municipal owned land and facilities to promote active living/wellness, recreation, culture/arts and a sense of community. Areas of focus shall include children's programs, family activities, special events, pilot projects, open houses, recreation opportunities and cultural/arts opportunities and programs.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- Successful completion of one (1) year of post-secondary education is required.
- Preference will be given to students currently enrolled in a Recreation program.
- Interpersonal, communication, and group process skills.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Ability to provide a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector for review and acceptance.
- Valid Standard First Aid Certificate.
- Valid Class Five (5) Alberta Driver’s Licence is required.
- Immunizations are strongly recommended.
- Must be willing to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Flexibility to perform duties after regular hours, on weekends and holidays, as required to meet community needs.
- Candidates who are successful during the interview process will be required to provide the following documents:
- Proof of full-time post-secondary enrollment for the Winter 2017 and Fall 2017 semester.
- A copy of a High School Diploma or GED equivalency.
- A copy of your First Aid Certificate.
- Contact information for two supervisory references.
- A copy of a valid Class Five (5) Driver’s Licence and a Driver’s Abstract (issued within 30 days).
- A Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector (issued within 30 days).These documents are not required at the time of application or at the time of interview, however preparing and collecting these documents in advance will expedite the recruitment process for successful candidates.
- Pay Level:70% of PL 5
- Salary Range:$25.27 per hour (Student Rate)
- We offer an additional bi-weekly payment of $480 which represents a cost of living allowance