Supervisor, Trade Services #74703
Company: Regional Municipality Of Woodbuffalo
This is a permanent full-time position working thirty-five (35) hours per week within the Trade Services Branch of the Engineering and Environmental Services Department. This position is located in the community of Fort McMurray, the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo's urban centre.
- The Supervisor, Trade Services is accountable for detailed maintenance work execution as well as providing support to operations groups for any maintenance issues through application of the maintenance management system.
- The incumbent will take into consideration cost control to minimize operational downtime of Water Treatment and Wastewater Treatment equipment while achieving budgeted targets in a safe, cost effective, and timely manner.
- Employee Development
- Performs supervisory tasks for assigned team members.
- Works with team to plan and balance workload.
- Ensures teams are managed fairly and consistently and that work processes are followed and coordinated to ensure service levels. Mentors, coaches, and provides support to staff.
- Assists in recruitment and training of staff.
- Participates in the continuous research, development, improvement, and implementation of effective departmental strategies, tools, and guidelines based on the Municipality's best practices.
- Analyzes the effectiveness of departmental programs and makes suggestions for further improvement.
- Provides input to department business plans, initiatives, and budget to ensure continuous achievement of department goals.
- Consults with and informs the public, community user groups, and other stakeholders of facilities operations and progress.
- Routinely inspects work in progress and advises crews of requirAed changes.
- Reviews and advises on the maintenance and issuance of tools, equipment, supplies, and materials required for the operation and maintenance of all facilities.
- May require use of personal or municipal vehicle for business travel purposes.
- Alberta-certified Journeyperson in a related field (Millwright, Electrician, Welder, Steamfitter, Plumber/gasfitter) is required.
- Seven (7) years' experience in a related industrialized maintenance setting with a minimum of two (2) years' experience in a supervisory role is required.
- Experience working in a public sector environment with unionized and non-unionized employees considered an asset.
- An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
- Ability to empower people, strong leadership skills, and use of innovative approaches in situations involving rapid change, shifting priorities, and/or simultaneous demands.
- Proven ability to formalize, prepare and present technical reports.
- Detailed and thorough knowledge of production equipment and control systems in an industrialized setting.
- Comprehensive knowledge of maintenance programs, processes, practices, performance measures, and scheduling tools and techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, organizational, and communication skills both verbal and written, as well as a demonstrated ability to assess situations from a business perspective.
- Strong team player with a collaborative style and project management and facilitation skills.
- Proven customer focus with demonstrated ability to build effective relationships with internal customers, external providers, and industry contacts.
- Proficient in various software applications.
- Sound, practical judgment using independent decision making.
- Ability to demonstrate a strong mechanical acumen.
- Knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems (SAP or similar preferred) and materials management systems
- Valid Alberta Class Five (5) driver's licence is preferred.
In addition to the rate of pay, we offer other attractive incentives:
- excellent training and development opportunities
- an extensive employer paid benefits plan
- an additional annual payment of $12,480 which represents a cost of living allowance