Sr. Survey Party Chief #74723
Company: Challenger Geomatics
- Supervises a crew which conducts field surveys as defined by the project manager
- Works unsupervised while performing required survey duties
- Reviews and interprets reference drawings and data
- Delivers comprehensive survey notes/sketches and data in support of all field surveys; ensures all documents conform to company standards
- Monitors each assignment from start to completion, as to the quality of service provided and results achieved
- Trains/coaches survey crew members and holds members accountable for performance which meets company standards
- Performs all supervisory health and safety duties as identified in the company’s safety procedures; in so-doing, participates in ensuring all operations are consistent with the requirements of the HSE program
- Communicates effectively internally with project manager, supervisor, and externally with client representatives, as to project progress, problems, client change requests and job completion
- Ensures all company equipment and vehicles are properly controlled, handled and maintained
- Advises project manager and supervisor of potential new business opportunities
- Graduate survey engineer or technologist, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as party chief surveying on heavy construction, roads, bridges and/or commercial and industrial site development projects
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Valid safety certificates, including but not limited to First Aid/CPR, CSTS, ATV Ridership, WHMIS, TDG, H2S, Bear Awareness
- Understanding of requirements for municipal and/or resource sectors survey’s
- Proficient with operating survey equipment, such as Leica Viva and Trimble Controllers
- Experience with supervising the work of others
- A commitment to customer service
- Solid verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to manage time and prioritize tasks
- Ability to work out of town, in remote locations, for periods of time
- May be subject to undergo Drug and Alcohol testing per client and/or project specific requirements
- Reporting to the Field Resource Manager and the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the Party Chief is accountable for efficiently and effectively carrying out legal and construction surveys.
- As a company representative in direct contact with customer field personnel, the Party Chief participates in achieving complete customer satisfaction.
- This position will be located out of our Fort McMurray office and will be working on projects located within the town of Fort McMurray and surrounding area. This position will also be required to work on projects out of town as needed.
- The successful candidate must live in Fort McMurray or be willing to relocate.