Human Resources Manager with Union Experience #74724
Company: ACDEN Bee-Clean
Are you a Human Resources professional with experience working in a unionized environment that is looking for a new position with a slight twist? If so, you may be the person we are searching for to fill an opening in our Fort McMurray operations.
- The key role for the position is to provide daily support in all areas of human resources, including recruitment, training, selection and orientation, and employee/labour relations. Support the operations team toward building a high performance work environment while satisfying the needs of all internal and external clients. The twist is the position also oversees the locations fuel cards, technology, operational items, organizing bill cycles, and assist in the preparation of RFP’s. Promote effective two-way communication within all work teams.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 3-5 years work experience in Human Resources within a unionized environment.
- Experience with employment/labour related matters.
- Well developed communication and researching skills.
- Excellent client service orientation, exhibiting enthusiasm, flexibility, and a team-player attitude is essential.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft suite of products.
- Must be able to think outside the box, work independently, while maintaining confidentiality and high levels of trust.
- Familiarity with employment legislation and collective bargaining agreements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hiring: Oversees the recruitment process from start to finish including ad placement, resume retention, screening and short-listing, interviewing, reference checking, negotiating, drug and alcohol testing, and preparing employment offers.
- New Employee Orientation: Conducts new hire information sessions to ensure new employees are acquainted with company policies, procedures and client culture. Completes new hire and termination checklist processes to ensure proper set up and termination of employees on various systems.
- Training: Arranges new hire training by coordinating training sessions with corporate trainer. Readies training materials. Completes primary orientation and facilitates the transfer to site specific training.
- Benefits: Administers employee group benefit programs. Maintains and explains benefits to new and current employees, including health insurance, dental, and short term disability. Responds to inquiries regarding benefits, policies and procedures.
- Maintaining Relationships: Provides coaching/counseling to employees, to promote, and maintain harmonious employee/labour relations, between employees and management.
- Evaluations: Helps managers identify and resolve performance management issues including assistance with the escalation of issues.
- Policies and Procedure: In conjunction with the HR Director, provides policy interpretation and advice to ensure adherence to HR policies, programs and standards.
- Admin and Reporting: Performs administrative functions and supports all levels of Human Resources. Responsible for data tracking and key performance indicators related to Human Resources. Provides data analysis for audit and decision making purposes. Prepares and delivers presentations as, and when, required.
- Other duties as assigned
Application deadline is April 14, 2017 at 16:00 hrs MST
Applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “Fort McMurray HR” in the subject line.
Please indicate salary expectations in your cover letter. Cover letters without listed expectations will not be considered.
We thank all applicants for their submission but only those under consideration will be contacted for a one-on-one interview.
Bee-Clean values diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal People, Visible Minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and self-identify.