Administrative Support IV #74728
Company: Alberta Health Services
As a team member of the Staffing Office, the Staffing Clerk is responsible for staff replacement needs for assigned areas of the Northern Lights Regional Health Center. The Staffing Clerk ensures that employees are scheduled appropriately and employee pay data is captured in accordance with established policies and procedures, and collective agreement provisions. The Staffing Clerk will assist in the training and orientation of new staff.
- High school diploma required. Post-secondary education is preferred.
- Excellent communication of the English language, both written and verbal is required.
- Superior active listening and interpretative skills are required.
- Scheduling experience is preferred and familiarity with ESP and e-People an asset.
- 3–5 years’ experience in a customer service environment.
- Demonstrated telephone skills are required.
- Experience dealing face to face with clients is required.
- Must have demonstrated experience resolving complex client issues.
- Superior critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills are required.
- Must have demonstrated interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and e-mail.
- Must have demonstrated ability to pay close attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Must have superior ability to organize and prioritize.
- Must be flexible and able to meet the demands of changing deadlines.
- Must be able to purposefully work with colleagues, partners and clients to achieve shared goals.
- Payroll experience is preferred.
- Experience in working in a unionized health care and/or 24/7 environment is preferred.
- All employees must provide a criminal record check that is satisfactory to AHS in compliance with the AHS Security Screening Procedure.
- All professions must provide proof of licensure or registration with the approved Alberta regulatory college, prior to commencing duties with AHS where applicable:Regulated health professions under the Alberta Health Professions Act and Health Disciplines Act will be required to provide an original copy of a valid practice permit before commencing their duties with AHS. Other professions governed by government acts, college or regulatory body requirements may be required to provide additional documentation.
In addition to a competitive rate of pay, AHS currently has a Fort McMurray Allowance in place to an annual maximum of $12,480. This allowance is non-pensionable and is payable on an hourly basis for all hours paid at the basic rate of pay.
Please note: Training can be approximately 5 – 6 weeks full time.
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.