Registered Nurse #74729
Company: Alberta Health Services
The Registered Nurse plans and implements patient care services to patients/clients or groups thereof, based on functional centre and facility standards, guidelines, policies and procedures. The Registered Nurse reports to Directors, Managers, Head Nurses, Physicians, other health care professionals and is a liaise with other RN’s, LPN’s, NA’s, Unit Clerk & Secretaries.
- As a member of a multi-disciplinary team, provide nursing care including assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation, documentation and communication of same.
- Demonstrates and practices knowledge of current principles, techniques and procedures within specified guidelines.
- Demonstrates knowledge of guidelines as set out by the licensing body and performs duties accordingly and within established scope of practice.
- Provides clinical assistance and direction to other members of the patient care team, as appropriate.
- Provide safe, quality nursing care as directed.
- Able to prioritize patient care according to level of acuity.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Active registration and practice permit with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA).
- Graduation from a recognized nursing education program.
- Current BCLS- HCP required.
- Bachelors of Nursing Degree is preferred.
- Experience preferred in a related department or setting dependent on assignment.
- 3-5 year’s relevant experience preferred in critical care and specialized units.
- Proven written/oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated computer knowledge required,
- Strong decision making/problem solving abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Additional certification and/or courses may be required in critical care and specialized units.
- -This position requires you to have a reliable vehicle and valid driver's license.
- AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- All employees must provide a criminal record check that is satisfactory to AHS in compliance with the AHS Security Screening Procedure.
- All professions must provide proof of licensure or registration with the approved Alberta regulatory college, prior to commencing duties with AHS where applicable:Regulated health professions under the Alberta Health Professions Act and Health Disciplines Act will be required to provide an original copy of a valid practice permit before commencing their duties with AHS. Other professions governed by government acts, college or regulatory body requirements may be required to provide additional documentation.
In addition to a competitive rate of pay, AHS currently has a Fort McMurray Allowance in place to an annual maximum of $12,480. This allowance is non-pensionable and is payable on an hourly basis for all hours paid at the basic rate of pay.