Diagnostic Sonographer II #74739
Company: Alberta Health Services
- This position is responsible for providing quality service to the clients of Diagnostic Imaging Services in an effective, efficient, and safe manner.
- As a member of the Diagnostic Imaging team, the incumbent is required to work all shifts, as assigned.
- In addition, the Senior Technologist, Ultrasound in cooperation with the Diagnostic Imaging Manager, coordinates and supervises the day-to-day workload in the area of ultrasound.
- The Senior Technologist, Ultrasound functions with limited supervision in the monitoring of patient flow, staff and equipment performance ensuring service provided is efficient, effective and of the highest standards.
- This position actively participates in the performance of patient examinations and works closely with all individuals within the department and Northern Lights Regional Health Centre.
- Graduate of a recognized training program in Ultrasonography required.
- Current Sonography Canada registration is required.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support - Health Care Provider (BCLS-HCP) certifications required.
- Demonstrated proficient organizational, technical, interpersonal, communication and computer skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to assume responsibility, to work effectively both independently and within a team environment required.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and in emergency situations required.
- Demonstrated interest in professional growth required.
- Demonstrated ability in the areas of perception, initiative, judgment and concern for detail and accuracy required.
- Demonstrated ability in the use of tact, courtesy and professionalism with patients, staff and physician required.
- Extensive experience in various specialized ultrasound imaging modalities and techniques.
- Extensive experience in the establishment of operation of an ultrasound program.
- Management courses an asset as well as experience in the supervision of other staff.
- AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- All employees must provide a criminal record check that is satisfactory to AHS in compliance with the AHS Security Screening Procedure.
- All professions must provide proof of licensure or registration with the approved Alberta regulatory college, prior to commencing duties with AHS where applicable:Regulated health professions under the Alberta Health Professions Act and Health Disciplines Act will be required to provide an original copy of a valid practice permit before commencing their duties with AHS. Other professions governed by government acts, college or regulatory body requirements may be required to provide additional documentation.