Environmental II #74740
Company: Alberta Health Services
Cleans client and other rooms using daily procedures, operates, cleans and stores housekeeping equipment, moves furniture, disposes of general and special wastes, and performs a variety of duties to maintain the facility in a clean, orderly and aesthetically pleasing condition. Maintains inventory of housekeeping items, chemicals and other supplies.
- Grade 12 desired.
- Ability to clearly speak, read, write, and comprehend English required.
- Two years experience in health care required.
- Knowledge of WHMIS.
- Must have physical strength to handle frequent and repetitive heavy lifting of 30 lbs.
- Must be able to take direction, and follow documented procedures.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff.
- Must show initiative and resourcefulness to set priorities and organize the timely delivery of services and supplies.
- Must be dependable, thorough and be able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently.
- AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- All employees must provide a criminal record check that is satisfactory to AHS in compliance with the AHS Security Screening Procedure.
- All professions must provide proof of licensure or registration with the approved Alberta regulatory college, prior to commencing duties with AHS where applicable:Regulated health professions under the Alberta Health Professions Act and Health Disciplines Act will be required to provide an original copy of a valid practice permit before commencing their duties with AHS. Other professions governed by government acts, college or regulatory body requirements may be required to provide additional documentation.
In addition to a competitive rate of pay, AHS currently has a Fort McMurray Allowance in place to an annual maximum of $12,480. This allowance is non-pensionable and is payable on an hourly basis for all hours paid at the basic rate of pay.