Sales and marketing manager #74743
We are a leading Canadian industrial products and services provider engaged in the sale and service support of mobile equipment, power systems, and industrial components. Reflecting a diversified exposure to the Canadian economy, Wajax operates through a network of over 100 branches across Canada, with over 2,500 Wajax team members.
- Provide deep expertise in the Regional market, complete understanding of trends, challenges, competition and opportunities
- Be the Wajax subject matter expert for his/her local market
- Monitor and plan market share and growth opportunities including potential new products and services
- Work closely with team members on a daily basis and provide guidance as needed to support sales initiatives and business growth
- Identify skill gaps and conduct training with sales team
- Work with the team to implement new sales techniques to obtain profits
- Conduct employee performance evaluation and provide feedback for improvements
- Assist in employee recruitment, promotion, retention and termination activities
- Stay up to date with customer needs, market trends and key competitors
- Review and provide input on target client opportunities while ensuring alignment with overall account strategy
- Maintain strong relationships with Regional Vice Presidents and Key Account Managers to support the on-going client relationship strategy, cultivating partnering relationships, and strengthening Wajax's position as a trusted advisor
- Analyze sales performance and recommend improvements
- Ensure that sales team follows company policies and procedures at all times
- Develop regional promotional programs to increase sales and revenue
- Ensure that the sales team is providing outstanding services and ensures customer satisfaction
- Ensure adoption and compliance of CRM tool (Salesforce)
- Budget: Provides budget input
- Leadership / Supervision: Manages one work group of 10-15 Technical Sales Representatives
- Bachelor Degree / College Diploma
- Minimum 5-7 years with a proven track record in attaining/exceeding account management and sales goals;
- Deep expertise in subject matter, industry and local markets
- Experience in strategic account management to support account forecasting, analysis and planning efforts
- Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint an asset
- Directing Others - Is good at establishing clear directions; sets objectives; distributes workload appropriately; lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner; maintains two-way dialogue with others on work and results; brings out the best in people; is a clear communicator.
- Priority Setting - Spends his/her time and the time of others on what's important; quickly zeros in on critical few and puts trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- Interpersonal Savvy - Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high tension situations comfortably.
- Negotiating - Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be both direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust of other parties to the negotiation quickly; has a good sense of timing.
- Strategic Agility - Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
Going to work should be engaging, stimulating and rewarding, but it should also help you fulfill your needs, and propel your future! This is why Wajax offers a total compensation package that includes competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, learning and development, and some unique additional "perks." Highlights of our programs include:
- 100% employer paid medical and dental benefits with no waiting period for eligibility
- Wajax led e-learning, and product training through industry leading manufacturers.
- Discounts with the "Big 3" auto manufacturers equivalent to their internal employee pricing
- As a national company, you have the opportunity to work where you live, or where you want to live!