customer service manager #74746
Company: TD Bank Financial Group
Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward. Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com
TD Canada Trust is TD's customer-focused personal and small business banking business. Serving more than 11 million customers nationally, TD Canada Trust provides a full range of financial products and services through its branch banking network, telephone, internet banking, and 'TD Green Machine' automated banking machines.
The Manager Customer Service manages a team of service employees promoting a legendary customer and employee experience while increasing shareholder value. The role will lead, coach and develop employees toward achieving business, professional and personal development objectives, and is responsible for scheduling Customer Service Representatives and general branch administration. The Manager Customer Service reports to either a more senior level MCS where applicable or to the Branch Manager.
- Lead, coach and model legendary service at every customer interaction
- Ensure employee scheduling is optimal to meet customer demands and ensure compliance with internal Hours of Work Policies
- Lead on the execution of the branch CEI plan and support achievement of CEI objectives
- Lead to ensure customer problems are handled appropriately, and participate in the negotiation and resolution where necessary
- Lead and coach the team on advice giving strategies to improve the overall customer experience
- Proactively demonstrate lobby leadership in the customer lounge, help & advice area and in self serve areas of the branch with the goal to deliver an enhanced customer experience and create a positive "First Impression'" by greeting and engaging them in a range of sales, service and informational conversations
- Ensure the customer area is professional and inviting in appearance
- Develop and Manage the Team/ Teamwork
- Lead and apply the performance management process, supporting employees in their personal and performance development by utilizing learning maps and external courses, as appropriate
- Develop and manage the service team by recruiting, training, coaching and recognizing employees
- Create and foster a cohesive team and promote a positive work environment
- Lead and follow-up on action plans to improve the employee experience
- Meet or exceed branch business objectives by executing branch business plan
- Coach team to deliver on branch business objectives by meeting or exceeding individual sales & referral goals
- Coach team to understand customer needs and provide advice and appropriate products and services
- Coach team on identifying customer needs and referring them to Branch employees or TD partners as appropriate
- Coach team to contribute to the achievement of branch business objectives
- Achieve branch objective for Operational Excellence
- Follow and ensure staff are knowledgeable of and comply with Bank and industry codes of conduct and with securities laws and regulations
- Follow and ensure staff understand and apply bank/branch operating policies and procedures -– which may include assuming
- Responsibility for the branch opening and closing procedures on a rotational basis
- Ensure necessary due diligence is taken to support the accuracy of all customer transactions
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
22.5 hours per week. It is understood that you will have flexibility to work evenings and weekends when required on a r otational basis as part of the branch team.