Home Support Aide (Ed Allow) #74749
Company: Alberta Health Services
The Home Support Aide functions as a member of the multidisciplinary care team providing healthcare services for clients and family members in their home environment. Duties include assisting clients with actives of daily living, provides personal care and support, and health care procedures as delegated by a health care professional.
- Provides personal care and assists with activities of daily living as outlined in the care plan, including but not limited to personal hygiene, dressing, feeding, grooming, transferring, mobilizing, and performing nail care.
- Provides emotional support by being a good listener, being supportive, being friendly and sincere, and interacting in a positive and optimistic manner.
- Provides respite care to relieve family caregivers, including but not limited to companionship, recreational activities, and supervision.
- Performs health care duties as authorized on the client’s plan of care including simple dressings, medication assistance, catheter care, ostomy care, and exercises for range of movement and strengthening.
- Assists in providing a clean and safe environment.
- Monitors clients’ personal care and reporting relevant information to the Registered Nurse.
- Monitors and participates in care plan implementation as directed.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Personal Care Attendant Training Certification.
- Medication assistance training is preferred.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support- Healthcare Provider (BCLS-HCP) issued within one year.
- Recent experience in providing personal care is preferred.
- Related experience working with elderly or physically challenged individuals is an asset.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to establish caring and respectful relationships with clients, families, and coworkers.
- Ability to work within a team environment and effectively contribute to positive client experience.
- Ability to work alone and demonstrated interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Ability to safely accomplish the physical and emotional demands of the provision of client care.
- Demonstrated competencies reflected in Continuing Care Support Workers Competency Profile.
- Demonstrated command of the English language, both verbally, and written.
- Please Note: This position requires a vehicle for business use. Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to a motor vehicle in good repair for work-related travel is required.
- AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- All employees must provide a criminal record check that is satisfactory to AHS in compliance with the AHS Security Screening Procedure.
- All professions must provide proof of licensure or registration with the approved Alberta regulatory college, prior to commencing duties with AHS where applicable:Regulated health professions under the Alberta Health Professions Act and Health Disciplines Act will be required to provide an original copy of a valid practice permit before commencing their duties with AHS. Other professions governed by government acts, college or regulatory body requirements may be required to provide additional documentation.
In addition to a competitive rate of pay, AHS currently has a Fort McMurray Allowance in place to an annual maximum of $12,480. This allowance is non-pensionable and is payable on an hourly basis for all hours paid at the basic rate of pay.