Assist Head Nurse #74800
Company: Alberta Health Services
- Acts as after hours liaison between units and agencies to promote and ensure delivery of safe quality patient care.
- Provides direction, support, and coordination of activities to all units after hours.
- Oversees scheduling and assignment of staff.
- Ensures performance and safety standards are met and corrective action is taken.
- Other duties as required.
- Active registration and practice permit with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA).
- Graduation from a recognized nursing education program.
- Current BCLS-HCP certification required.
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience in an acute health care setting.
- Experience in a leadership role, ideally in an organization of significant size, complexity and diversity preferred.
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team and deal with challenging situations with empathy and sincerity.
- Demonstrated problem solving and conflict resolution skills/training.
- Proven ability to cope with stress and prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines in an efficient and effective manner.
- A demonstrated clear pattern of professional and personal development.
- Working knowledge of the healthcare system.
- Effective communication, influencing and organizational skills.
- Client focused, with a commitment to providing quality services.
- AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- All employees must provide a criminal record check that is satisfactory to AHS in compliance with the AHS Security Screening Procedure.
- All employees who work in a patient care location are required to submit a completed Communicable Disease Assessment form.
- All professions must provide proof of licensure or registration with the approved Alberta regulatory college, prior to commencing duties with AHS where applicable: Regulated health professions under the Alberta Health Professions Act and Health Disciplines Act will be required to provide an original copy of a valid practice permit before commencing their duties with AHS. Other professions governed by government acts, college or regulatory body requirements may be required to provide additional documentation.
In addition to a competitive rate of pay, AHS currently has a Fort McMurray Allowance in place to an annual maximum of $12,480.00 This allowance is non-pensionable and is payable on an hourly basis for all hours paid at the basic rate of pay.