Hlth Info Mngt Professional I #74803
Company: Alberta Health Services
- Under the direct supervision of the Supervisor, Health Information Management, Data Collection - North, the HIM I utilizes ICD-10-CA/CCI Classification to code and abstract DAD and NACRS records in accordance with North Zone, Provincial and CIHI coding standards.
- The HIM I submits abstracted data to MACAR (Alberta Health).
- Ensures a complete, accurate and accessible record is maintained, safeguarded and available to approved users on all patients receiving health services.
- Active Certification with the Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA).
- Graduate from a recognized program for Health Record Professionals.
- Previous recent experience with ICD.10.CA/CCI Coding and CIHI Abstracting.
- Familiarity with Provincial Acts including but not limited to the Hospital Act, Health Information Act, Freedom of Information Act.
- Previous experience in a Health Records Department.
- Previous experience with electronic health records an asset.
- Set priorities, organize and control work within established schedules.
- Work independently.
- Follow oral and written instructions.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Function as a team member in a dynamic work environment.
- Operate a computer terminal and type 40 net wpm.
- Explain procedures, obtain and document accurate information.
- Train new staff as required.
- Control stressful situations in a calm and assertive manner.
- Superior communication/customer services skills.
- Evidence of good judgment in the applications of procedures.
- AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Preference will be given to those candidates willing to work on site in Fort McMurray.
- All employees must provide a criminal record check that is satisfactory to AHS in compliance with the AHS Security Screening Procedure.
- All employees who work in a patient care location are required to submit a completed Communicable Disease Assessment form.
- All professions must provide proof of licensure or registration with the approved Alberta regulatory college, prior to commencing duties with AHS where applicable: Regulated health professions under the Alberta Health Professions Act and Health Disciplines Act will be required to provide an original copy of a valid practice permit before commencing their duties with AHS. Other professions governed by government acts, college or regulatory body requirements may be required to provide additional documentation.
In addition to a competitive rate of pay, AHS currently has a Fort McMurray Allowance in place to an annual maximum of $12,480. This allowance is non-pensionable and is payable on an hourly basis for all hours paid at the basic rate of pay.