Service Manager #74820
Company: Konecranes Canada Inc.
Konecranes is currently seeking a qualified Service Manager for its Fort McMurray location. The Service Manager will be responsible for managing and directing the local service operation. The ideal candidate will:
Be energized by working for a world-class service organization and collaborating with customers.
Recognize the importance of building and maintaining strong interpersonal relationships.
- Engage in sales activities including estimating and customer relations and prepare supporting documentation and reports.
- Work with Sales Representative to ensure return of MainMan inspection booklets to customers in a timely manner.
Maintain the current customer base.
- Prepare service quotations for repairs and inspections, scope and estimate projects in a timely manner, following established guidelines. Provide project management support and field supervision for major projects.
- Prepare supporting documentation and reports in a timely, complete and accurate manner.
Direct and assist Service Supervisor with the planning and scheduling of service work for the existing service workforce, as needed.
- Ensure all open orders are scheduled or tentatively planned on the dispatch board.
- Ensure effective use of operative labor, maximizing direct labor in accordance with company guidelines.
Provide managerial support to the technician workforce. Address performance issues, documenting as required. Review serious employment matters with Branch or District Manager prior to taking action.
Resolve customer complaints, within established guidelines, to the satisfaction of the customer and in the best interest of the company.
- Any unresolved issues should be quickly elevated to the next level of management for prompt resolution.
Ensure strict compliance with all requirements of the Contract Retention policy.
- Oversee the contract renewal process to ensure customer needs are met in a timely manner and opportunities are not lost. Refer non-renewals to Service Sales Representative.
- Prepare and submit monthly report of activity.
- Establish and maintain on-going communications with the Service Sales Representative to address issues related to the customer base.
Oversee routine changes to the open orders, as needed.
- Ensure open orders report reflects the current status of any active service work
- Ensure time tickets and expense reports are complete, accurate and approved according to company guidelines and that hours are allocated to the appropriate job and are properly classified.
- Ensure quality control program is administered in accordance with company policy.
- Participate in monthly Rush Reporting process.
- Monitor and coordinate the maintenance of company equipment and assets to ensure they are in proper condition and good working order.
- Ensure branch employees receive appropriate levels of training.
- Coordinate training requirements and schedule with Branch Manager, District management and within budgeted guidelines.
- Conduct spot inspections and audits of the service technicians' equipment and vehicles and record the results.
- Follow all established safety rules and procedures, including those established by the customer.
Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor's degree or Associate's degree preferred however, prior equivalent experience and training will be considered in lieu of formal degree.
- Five (5) years' experience in service related sales or operations preferred however equivalent experience, education and training will be considered.
- Must have demonstrated leadership experience, well-developed "people" skills, a basic understanding of mechanical and electrical principles, good written and verbal communication skills and good PC skills.
- Prior experience with cranes is a plus. Must have and maintain a good driving record.
- Ability to relocate to other regions of the country may be required for advancement opportunities
Our People and Commitment
Our people are not only committed to helping our customers lift their businesses, but each other as well. Establishing meaningful relationships and collaborating with each other, with customers, and with our distributors, empowers our employees to achieve success. The passion our employees have to make a difference and enhance the quality of the lives of those around them is what makes our people unique.