Administrative Support III #74825
Company: Alberta Health Services
Under the supervision of the Supervisor, Health Information Management, the Registration Clerk provides services that include: registration, admission, transfer, and departure of patients and related duties, Account Collection and General Office duties.
- Registration of clients utilizing regional registration system to include the collection/verification of patient demographic information as well as validation of health care insurance.
- Creation of Unique Lifetime Identifier (ULI #) for non-residents of Alberta/new Alberta residents/newborns in the Alberta Person Directory.
- Completion of necessary documents to complete the registration process for WCB, RCMP, and/or NRA clients.
- Collect and receipt payment for clients with do not have valid health care insurance, uninsured services, ER physician notes, medical supplies, and immigration x-rays.
- Respond to telephone queries and requests for patient information as per appropriate guidelines.
- Depart ER visits in the regional registration system to include the attending physician, triage score, departure date and time, and discharge diagnosis in a timely manner.
- Application of identification wristbands for all ER clients.
Coordinate inpatient bed assignments in consultation with the Bed Utilization Coordinator/ Charge Nurses, and/or PCC.
- Separate client records and interfile utilizing terminal digit system and date order.
- Greet clients, visitors and staff, and directing them to the appropriate areas throughout the Health Center in a pleasant, professional, and courteous manner.
- Maintain a positive public image to patients, visitors, staff, and physicians.
- Generate and complete discrepancy reports in a timely fashion.
- Complete deposits as per Finance guidelines and maintain the float.
- In absence of staffing personnel, accept sick calls from nursing, housekeeping, registration and TCO departments, and initiate calls to find appropriate relief.
- Retrieval of patient charts from Health Records outside of regular HR hours and log removal of chart to appropriate nursing unit/physician.
- Ensure work area is stocked with necessary supplies and supplies are stored appropriately.
- Training new staff utilizing a buddy system.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent education.
Successful completion of Medical Terminology course.
- 1-3 years reception experience.
Working knowledge of patient/ client filing systems an asset, particularly terminal digit systems.
Familiarity of Alberta Health Services and Programs is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and professionally with clients, nursing staff, and physicians.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work in a fast paced environment while receiving minimal supervision.
- Excellent attendance record, reliability, and personal suitability must be demonstrated through employment references.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate effectively in the English language.
- Neat and well-groomed appearance.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Proven accuracy in spelling, keyboarding, and attention to detail.
- Minimum typing speed of 50 wpm.
- Proven initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- All employees must provide a criminal record check that is satisfactory to AHS in compliance with the AHS Security Screening Procedure.
- All employees who work in a patient care location are required to submit a completed Communicable Disease Assessment form.
- All professions must provide proof of licensure or registration with the approved Alberta regulatory college, prior to commencing duties with AHS where applicable: Regulated health professions under the Alberta Health Professions Act and Health Disciplines Act will be required to provide an original copy of a valid practice permit before commencing their duties with AHS. Other professions governed by government acts, college or regulatory body requirements may be required to provide additional documentation.
In addition to a competitive rate of pay, AHS currently has a Fort McMurray Allowance in place to an annual maximum of $12,480. This allowance is non-pensionable and is payable on an hourly basis for all hours paid at the basic rate of pay.