Building Safety Codes Officer III - Training and D #74830
Company: Regional Municipality Of Woodbuffalo
Under general supervision, the Building Safety Codes Officer III will issue permits, inspect the construction, installation, operation, and maintenance of structures and the systems to ensure compliance with relevant codes, standards, and regulations. Also provides consultation and code advice to contractors and owners.
- Examine plans, issue building permits, and inspect construction and mechanical systems for buildings - all uses & occupancies, ensuring compliance to the appropriate codes, policies and bylaws.
- Prepare permit conditions and notices to alert designers, contractors, and homeowners of deficiencies in the design or construction.
- Follow up on conditions and notices to ensure deficiencies are corrected.
- Keep accurate records of plans examinations and inspector’s notices on the Permits Management System.
- Answer general enquiries on building permit and code related matters.
- Investigate non-permit complaints, take the necessary actions, and prepare reports on the action taken.
- Gather evidence and prepare files for prosecution and attend court as required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Group A and B Level 1 and Part 10 Safety Codes Council Certification is required.
- Group A and B Level 2 Safety Codes Council Certification is required.
- Group A and B Level 3, Group A(e), Group A3(m), Group A(r) Safety Codes Council Certification is required.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience as a Building Safety Codes Officer in Group A and B Level 2 and Part 10.
- Under the training and development opportunity, we would consider candidates who meet the following criteria: ?A minimum of two (2) years’ experience as a Building Safety Codes Officer in Group A and B Level 2 and Part 10.
- Completed Construction Safety Training Systems (CSTS) training.
- A maximum of four (4) technical courses remaining through the Alberta Safety Codes Council for Building
- Safety Codes Officer Level 3, Group A(e), Group A3(m), or Group A(r).
- Additional terms of the training and development opportunity will be discussed with candidates selected for interviews.
You will possess the following:
- Effective communication, presentation, interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and tactfully handle complex and difficult Code related items.
- Proven ability to read and interpret engineering plans, drawings and specifications.
- Valid Alberta Class Five (5) driver’s licence.
- Must be willing to attend evening meetings and work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Must be medically and physically able to perform all the duties of the job on an ongoing basis.
- A Criminal Record Check is required for review and acceptance.
- Must be willing and able to work in an unsanitary conditions (immunizations strongly recommended).
This position is evaluated at a Pay Level 18, but has been adjusted to reflect current market conditions. Permanent rate effective after twelve (12) months of employment.
$ 59.45 (Start Rate)
$ 70.16 (Permanent Rate)
$ 55.47 (Start Rate)
$ 65.47 (Permanent Rate)
In addition to the rate of pay, we offer other attractive incentives:
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- An extensive employer paid benefits plan
- An additional annual payment of $12,480 which represents a cost of living allowance