Maintenance Planner/Scheduler #74833
Company: Regional Municipality Of Woodbuffalo
Under general supervision, provide short/long range planning, direct contractors involved in the daily maintenance operations of municipal equipment to ensure cost and quality control are maintained. Develop and maintain preventative and corrective maintenance programs.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Position exercises considerable degree of independent judgment although the work is subject to inspection by a supervisor.
- Will be required to co-ordinate with other tradespersons and contractors on multi-trade maintenance projects as well as dealing directly with vendors to respond and exchange information, coordinate efforts and discuss problems where tact and judgment are required.
- Have an understanding of the environmental impacts of Greenhouse Gas Emissions (GHG’s) and how to mitigate Co2 through the use of alternative fuels and GHG reduction protocols.
- Ongoing contact with Fleet Supervisor, Fleet Coordinators, Service Writer, and intra-divisional contacts to secure co-operation on specific assignments. Ongoing contact with contractor for Vehicle/Mobile Equipment
- Technicians to provide a quality level of service to end user.
- Frequent contact with the Technicians of contracted Municipal vehicles/equipment to co-ordinate effort, plan, exchange information and problem solving.
- Provide necessary resources, consultation and data assistance to staff to ensure compliance with quality standards, time schedules and job specifications. Prioritize and direct work assignments and programs while also considering government regulations. i.e. CVIP’s,- Commercial Vehicle Inspection Program and NSC-
- National Safety Code requirements as it relates to vehicle/equipment operations.
Inspect work orders and repairs when required to ensure that trade standards and compliance with safety regulations and codes requirements are met.
- Administer the preparation and development of work methods, procedures and quality standards. Create and maintain task lists for preventive maintenance programs and information related to plan estimates for labor, materials, services and equipment to meet service levels. Monitor plans for variances and work with contractors to develop recovery from variances.
- Assist with the development and maintain medium-and long term plans related to continuing maintenance requirements, preventive maintenance and maintenance projects, seasonal work, and etc.
- Assist with the tender for contract services process and coordinate contractors in the performance of internal operations.
- Assist with administrative duties to ensure an efficient and cost effective operation of maintenance programs and initiatives. Prepare and issue reports, statistics, operating budget, and undertake special projects as needed.
- Plan and schedule emergency and non-emergency work to be performed in a timely fashion, fully utilizing manpower and equipment.
- Perform other related duties as required from time to time.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
Six (6) years directly related experience in a preventative maintenance, maintenance projects including budgeting, and managing a Maintenance Management System required.
- Course work in planning, scheduling and construction an asset.
- Alberta or Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyman Heavy Duty Technical Certificate would be an asset.
You will possess the following:
- Must be familiar with the (NSC) –National Safety Code as it related to Vehicle inspections and fleet operations.
- Proficiency with PC computers, project and maintenance management systems, and Microsoft Office suite.
- Good communication, customer service, leadership, interpersonal, planning and problems solving skills are required.
- Medically and physically able to perform all duties of the position on an ongoing basis.
- Valid Alberta Class Five (5) Operator’s license required. Valid Alberta Class Three (3) Operator’s license is an asset.
- May be required to work in unsanitary conditions, immunizations strongly recommended.
Permanent rate effective after twelve (12) months of employment.
In addition to the rate of pay, we offer other attractive incentives:
- excellent training and development opportunities
- an extensive employer paid benefits plan
- an additional annual payment of $12,480 which represents a cost of living allowance