Project Manager #74834
Company: Regional Municipality Of Woodbuffalo
This is a permanent full-time position working thirty-five (35) hours per week within the Program Management Branch of the Engineering and Environmental Services Department. This position is located in the community of Fort McMurray, the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo’s urban centre.
The Project Manager is responsible for project organization, day-to-day issue resolution, and ensuring that projects are delivered on time, within budget, in accordance with project objectives, and are smoothly turned over. Primary responsibilities of this position include:
Program Development: Facilitates project meetings and conducts schedule review meetings to develop a true critical path for the project. Directly involved in daily operations and overall administration. Researches and assists with the development and implementation of departmental strategies, tools, and administrative directives based on best practices for continuous improvement. Departmental Advice: Acts as a departmental advisor to provide technical and functional guidance to management and other staff regarding policies, procedures, program implementation. This advice will ensure consistent, innovative, and legislatively compliant administrative guidelines, policies, procedures, and precedents.Implementation of Strategies: Prepares look ahead schedule, baseline schedule, and master milestone schedule on a regular basis. Confirms and disseminates all professional, technological, regulatory standards and guidelines applicable to the project. Establishes appropriate key success indicators and manages trade-offs between scope, quality, time, and cost. Tracks and reports progress, including realistic forecasts of final target positions, resource allocation, and dependency management. Manages the hand-off of the asset produced.
- Degree in Civil Engineering is required.
Must be a registered Professional Engineer with, or eligible to register with, the Association of Professional
- Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA).
- Professional Project Manager (PMP) Designation preferred.
- Related accredited Project Management courses, preferably from a Project Management Institute Registered Education Provider.
- Five (5) or more year’s progressive experience working in the field of municipal engineering.
- An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
- Valid Alberta Class Five (5) driver’s licence required.
- Experience working in a public sector environment with unionized and non-unionized employees considered an asset.
You will possess the following:
- Highly developed analytical, critical thinking, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Political awareness and sensitivity.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers, employees, leaders, and external contacts; interacts in a manner that builds trust, credibility, and rapport.
- Negotiation, interpersonal, investigation, mediation, and facilitation skills.
- Goal oriented and action-focused, pragmatic and self-disciplined.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in a municipal client based environment with experience navigating complex municipal structures and stakeholder organizations.
- Ability to read project design documents with a view to ensure the result will meet business needs driving the project.
- Proficient using Primavera and Microsoft Project Management software.
- Skilled in the use of project delivery tools and techniques with experience creating proposals, charters, and project definition documents.
- Experience managing projects requiring a high degree of involvement from engineering experts.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure with limited supervision to meet difficult deadlines with a high level of responsibility and accountability for project deliverables.
- Organizational awareness with the ability to balance service levels against quality of delivery.
In addition to the rate of pay, we offer other attractive incentives:
- excellent training and development opportunities
- an extensive employer paid benefits plan
- an additional annual payment of $12,480 which represents a cost of living allowance