Rural Office Clerk - Janvier #74835
Company: Regional Municipality Of Woodbuffalo
With continuous supervision and ongoing support, perform clerical duties, receptionist duties, records retention and assist others with general office tasks and projects.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Routine contact with the public, vendors, and service representatives to receive and re-direct requests and provide information.
- Perform clerical support, receptionist duties to include records retention and assist others with general office tasks and projects.
- Support preparation and submission of time sheets.
- Handle payments relating to public services.
- Assemble information, produce reports (electronically or manually), and submit to others for review.
- Responsible for maintaining an adequate inventory of office supplies.
- Maintain records to track expenditures.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Successful completion of Grade Ten (10) combined with three (3) years’ related office experience in a computerized environment is required. OR
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent combined with one (1) year related office experience in a computerized environment is required.
One (1) year Office Administration Certificate is an asset.
- Previous experience using Excel and Microsoft Word is an asset.
- Previous records retention experience is an asset.
You will possess the following:
- Proven customer service, interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Tact and diplomacy when dealing with difficult situations is required.
- Keyboarding speed of thirty-five (35) WPM.
- Ability to speak either Cree or Chipewyan is an asset.
- Good knowledge of the municipality (civic addresses and areas) is an asset.
- Ability to provide a Criminal Record Check for review and acceptance.
- Must be medically and physically able to perform duties of the position (e.g. moving inventory and boxes).
$33.93 (Casual Rate)
In addition to the rate of pay, we offer other attractive incentives:
An additional bi-weekly payment of $480 which represents a cost of living allowance (pro-rated based on the amount of hours worked)